Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday's fab 5 trailers


So last week I started a new feature where I list the top 5 trailers along with a teaser synopsis. Thanks to Jan from Eating Y.A. Books, I now have a name for this feature, which will now be called Friday's Fab 5 trailers.

I've mentioned in the previous feature that I'll be doing a variety of these trailers and not all of them will feature the hottest or the latest, but rather a combination of old and new. Anyway, without further ado, here are this week's top 5 trailers of the week.


Darklight by Lesley Livingston
Teaser synopsis: Much has changed since autumn, when Kelley Winslow learned she was Faerie royalty, fell in love with changeling guard Sonny Flannery, and saved New York City from a rampaging Faerie war band...

Loved, loved, loved Wondrous Strange and seeing as I just recently reviewed it, I decided that I'd feature the Darklight trailer.


Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Teaser synopsis: In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past...

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about this one. I'm currently busy writing my review for Shiver, which I absolutely loved and am now waiting with bated breath for Linger.

Sea by Heidi R.Kling
Teaser synopsis: Haunted by recurring nightmares since her mother’s disappearance over the Indian ocean three years before, fifteen-year old California girl Sienna Jones reluctantly travels with her psychiatrist father’s volunteer team to six-months post-tsunami Indonesia where she meets the scarred and soulful orphaned boy, Deni, who is more like Sea than anyone she has ever met.

I've been seeing a lot of great reviews for this one, so naturally I decided that I wanted to check this book trailer out - I'm glad I did, because it's one of the most beautiful trailers I've seen to date.


Mistwood by Leah Cypess
Teaser synopsis: The Shifter is an immortal creature bound by an ancient spell to protect the kings of Samorna. When the realm is peaceful, she retreats to the Mistwod.

But when she is needed she always comes.

Isabel remembers nothing. Nothing before the prince rode into her forest to take her back to the castle. Nothing about who she is supposed to be, or the powers she is supposed to have.

Mixed reviews for this one, but I definitely want to read this one. Besides, I never could resist stories involving royalty. :)


The Tear Collector by Patrick Jones
Teaser synopsis: Descended from an ancient line of creatures that gain their energy from human tears, Cassandra Gray depends on human sorrow to live. Her job as a grief counselor at the hospital provides the perfect cover to keep this secret safe, and any time a friend needs a shoulder to cry on, she is there.

I'm very intrigued with this one - the whole premise behind it involves vampires, but with a new twist and with vampires becoming such a common thread in fiction, it is refreshing to see someone take a different take on it.

That's it for this week - more fab trailers to be featured next Friday.
Any trailers you think are worth mentioning? Drop me a line in the comment box below and I'll go through them and feature some of them.

0 comments: