Sunday, June 13, 2010

In my mailbox (4)

In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I didn't receive all that many books this week, but the 3 books that I did receive are books that I've wanted to read for quite some time now.

Night World: Volume 2 by L.J. Smith
Summary:
Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters -- they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World.

In Dark Angel, Gillian is saved from drowning by her guardian angel. Only visible to Gillian, Angel will fulfill her heart's every desire. But when Angel starts making strange and sinister requests, Gillian must question who he truly is and where he came from.

Armed with a wooden stake, martial arts, and the will to resist a vampire's mind control, Rashel struggles to avenge her mother's death in The Chosen. Then she meets Quinn, her soulmate, who is part of the world she has vowed to destroy.

Hannah receives notes warning her of incredible danger in Soulmate. But if death is her destiny, is the Lord of the Night World's love strong enough to save her?
 
Beautiful World Bby Anastasia Hollings
Summary:
Seventeen-year-old Amelia Warner is always on the outside. Moving from boarding school to boarding school with her brother and their father, the untenured professor, doesn't help. Amelia lives inches from the sons and daughters of the elite, forever looking in on the beautiful people. 

A natural-born charmer who doesn't lie so much as rework the truth to her advantage, Amelia is well-versed in the art of faking a high-society identity to get limited access to the luxe life, but she's never figured out how to truly belong. Then she meets Courtney Moore, the Upper East Side heiress who needs a friend as badly as Amelia wants to be that friend, and suddenly a world of opportunity opens up for her. 

Parties, shopping, her own wing in the Moore mansion—it's all hers for the taking, as long as she can keep her real life a secret, especially from the new acquaintance who's been asking way too many questions. Can Amelia stay one step ahead of the doubters to secure her place in the beautiful world?

Evermore by Alyson Noel
Summary:
Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch.   Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste…

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition.  He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets.  Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head.  

She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is.  Fallling in love with Damen is dangerous - but if he's her destiny, how can she ever walk away?

That's me for this week. What's in your mailbox?

5 comments:

The Book Hour said...

I love early L J Smith (anything not published in the last 2 years) - she's amazing! Enjoy! *You are so lucky to be reading her for the first time!* Evermore I was a little more disappointed in, I didn't really connect to the main character and I thought some of the later scenes in the book were a bit much. Maybe later in life, or on a more depressed day I might have had a better experience with the book. Hope you'll see something more in it than me though!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

We seem to have lots of books in common from what I can gather looking at your blog! :) I loved Evermore - I've kept up with the series from day one, and am eagerly awaiting the fourth instalment! I love the sound of Night World too, and Beautiful World sounds amazing. Think I'll be adding that to my wishlist!

Hope you enjoy your books. :)

-k said...

I really like L.J. Smith but I've never read this series of hers. Beautiful World looks really interesting too.
Also, there is an award with your name on it over at my blog! Congratulations!!

PK Reeves said...

Evermore has a beautiful cover and Nightworld seems interesting too.

Good stash and enjoy the reading.

If you get a chance come & see my Mailbox Monday at Aisle B

Congrats on the award!

PK Reeves
Aisle B
http://aisleb.tumblr.com

brandileigh2003 said...

Looks like a great week: I enjoyed Night World a lot as well as Evermore. Happy Reading! Check out my IMMB if you want here