Friday, June 18, 2010

Top 5 trailers of the week

I know that there are memes about trailers out there in the blogosphere, but I thought that I'd start something of my own here and feature my top 5 book trailers (along with a brief teaser synopsis to go with it)

Friday's certainly seem like a good day to do this kind of feature, so hopefully you'll see this from me every week.

To add variety to this planned feature, not all of these book trailers will be features of up and coming releases. My aim, of course is to try and highlight as many new books as possible, but I am also planning on focusing on old favourites and books that could be considered "undiscovered" gems, so to speak.

On a final note, I've got every intention of renaming this feature - my brain just seems to have reached it's thinking capacity level for today.

On to the trailers this week:



Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
Genre:
Young Adult / Paranormal
Teaser Synopsis: In her dreams he’s irresistible—seductive, charming, and undoubtedly dangerous. But when he appears to her when she’s awake—and captivates her just the same—she’s not sure which way is up and which is down...

I'm not including the full synopsis of the books, as it would defeat the purpose of putting the book trailer up here, but from what I've read and watched, this book is going to be a fabulous one. Pity we still have to wait until  March / April 2011 for the release of this book..


A Faerie Fated Forever  by Mary Anne Graham
Genre: Fantasy/ Romance
Teaser Synopsis: Set in the heart of Scotland, this charming little fairy tale romance revolves around a curse that must be broken in order for the Laird of a Clan to find his one perfect love.

Yes, it's another fairy tale romance. What can I say? I absolutely adore those. Apparently this book has been out for quite some time already, so getting hold of it shouldn't be a problem. After watching this enchanting little trailer, I'm definitely going to be getting myself a copy of this one.


I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder
Genre: YA /Paranormal / Romance
Teaser Synopsis: Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy back...
...sort of.

Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.

I've seen this one floating (no pun intended there) around quite often, yet for some or other reason ignored it until I watched the trailer. Needless to say, I am adding this to my list of books to buy.


Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus
Genre: YA Paranormal
Teaser synopsis: An unexplained epidemic that decimated the town in the 1700s, an ancient and creepy cemetery, and gorgeous boy Zach - somehow Persephone is connected to it all.

Every review that I've read about Shadow Hills have left me with the impression that I need to get this book really soon. I'm a huge fan of Greek mythology and with most of the reviews making references to the fact that this book contains quite a bit of it, well, that definitely settled it. Well, that and the creepy cemetery bit too. I love a book with a mysterious setting - and nothing screams mystery like a creepy cemetery.

The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
Genre: Magic Realism
Teaser synopsis: Is there really a ghost dancing in her backyard? Can a cake really bring back a lost love?  In this town filled with lovable misfits, maybe the right answer is the one that just feels…different.

I adore the sound of this. As a huge fan of magic realism, I've been searching for a book in this genre for a while now (It really has been ages since I've found a decent one) and when I stumbled across this, I fell in love with the trailer at first glance.

Anyway, I'll be sure feature some new ones next week again.

4 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

Oh I love this post. I enjoyed each of the trailers and am so glad I stopped by as some of these are new titles for me. I am writing those on my wish list.
I have a possible suggestion for your weekly post "Friday's Fab Five"...just a thought.

Also, thank you so much for stopping and commenting on my recent review. I am so appreciative.

-k said...

These look great. I always have wondered how people can manage to make such amazing book trailers. I can't wait for Shadow Hills!!

thebookfairyhaven said...

I absolutely love Friday's Fab Five :) Glad you enjoyed the trailers. Also going to try and get my hands on each of these books.

Dazzling Mage said...

Great feature. The trailers are awesome!

Btw, I have awards for you on my blog!