Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Firelight

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

Today my choice is Firelight by Sophie Jordan. I stumbled upon this book quite by accident, but fell in love with the cover and the synopsis immediately.

The book goes on sale on September, 7th 2010. Bit of a long wait if you ask me, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Firelight by Sophie Jordan
Summary:
With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. 

But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness leads her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades.

The one thing that revives it is Will, whose family hunts her kind. 

Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.

I haven't read a dragon shape shifter story yet, so this is another reason that this book attracted me so much. It sounds like it's definitely a lot different from the usual werewolf stories out there!

But anyway,that's it from me. What's on your Waiting on Wednesday wishlist for the week?

10 comments:

Sabrina @ about happy books said...

Firelight sounds great and the cover, especially the details on the face, is beautiful.

my WoW

Jan von Harz said...

I am definitely looking forward to this one too. I love all things dragon and want more of them.

Mary said...

It sounds good!

Aimee said...

Nice pick! I've seen this a couple times now and it is now on my tbr list.

My WoW picks are here.

Tina said...

Wow, this book sounds awesome. :) Adding to my wish list :)

Alayne said...

Love the cover. Nice pick. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This sounds very unusual...love that cover!

Here's mine:

http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/waiting-on-wednesday-14/

GABY said...

Oh yes, I want to read this one too!!

My WoW

Beverly said...

I have been looking at this one too! Enjoy! Stop by The Wormhole and see what I have been reading!

Sara M said...

This is definitely on my to-buy list. Here's mine.