Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Sleepless

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

Today's choice is Sleepless by Cyn Balog. I have to confess that I haven't read any of her books yet, but when I saw the synopsis for this, I decided that I really, really need to get this book. I'm buying Fairy Tale this week, so I'll occupy my time with reading that while I wait for this. I reckon this one is going to be awesome!

The book is set to be released on the 13 July.

Sleepless by Cyn Balog
Summary:
Eron De Marchelle isn't supposed to feel a connection. He is a Sandman, a supernatural being whose purpose is to seduce human charges to sleep.

While he can communicate with his charges in their dreams, he isn't encouraged to--after all, getting too involved in one human's life would prevent him helping his other charges get their needed rest.


But he can't deny that he feels something for Julia. Julia, with her fiery red hair and her sad dreams.

Just weeks ago, her boyfriend died in a car accident, and Eron can tell that she feels more alone than ever.  Eron was human once too, many years ago, and he remembers how it felt to lose the one he loved.

Eron has always felt protective of Julia . . . but now, when she seems to need him more than ever, he can't seem to reach her . . .

Sandmen are forbidden from communicating with humans outside their dreams. But will Eron be willing to risk everything for a chance to be with the person he loves?


Sounds awesome doesn't it?

What books are you looking forward to? Let me know :) I'm always on the look out for books to add to my wish list

9 comments:

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

I've heard so many good things about this one! Great WoW pick! ;)

Jan von Harz said...

I love the summary on this and think it will be an interesting read. It does remind a little of Eternal because of the whole forbidden love idea.

Rhiana said...

It does sound great, i haven't read any previous books either. I so should.

Mary said...

I think it sounds good!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Certainly sounds like a "fairytale" concept here. Wonder what will happen?

Here's mine:

http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/waiting-on-wednesday-13/

Aimee said...

I've seen this a couple times now... I think I really need to look into it.

My WoW is here.

-k said...

I featured this book in one of my Wish List Wednesdays. Needless to say, it looks absolutely amazing!

GABY said...

Looks great! I want to read it too :)

Shari said...

This sounds amazing. I used to actually dream about the sandman when I was a little girl. Thanks for posting about this book I can't wait to read it. I'm enjoying your blog too and am now following. Shari
myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com