Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday's fab 5 trailers (3)

So it's been a while since I've done this, but this last week or so has seen me with very little time to do a proper post. For those of you who don't know, I've recently started a Friday's fab 5 trailers feature - a feature which showcases 5 of my favourite (new and old) book trailers of the week and which is, very obviously, done on a Friday.

Here are this week's selection of trailers


The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood, The Duchess Of Northumberland
Teaser synopsis:Jessamine Luxson lives with her father, Thomas, an apothecary, in an isolated cottage near Alnwick Castle. Thomas’s pride and obsession is his locked garden full of dangerous plants, which Jessamine is forbidden to enter.

When a traveler brings an orphan to their cottage, he claims the boy has special gifts that Thomas might value. Jessamine is drawn to the strange but intriguing boy, called Weed. Soon their friendship deepens into love. Finally, Weed shares his secret

I love this trailer for its visual imagery, but do think they could have used a different voice over? Either way, this book is still one of the books that I'm definitely looking to reading very soon.


Ghostgirl: Lovesick by Tonya Hurley (3rd book in the Ghostgirl series)
Teaser synopsis:Before she can rest in peace, Charlotte Usher must return to the tragic site of her death: high school. Once there, her assignment is to help a designated teen solve a personal problem in time for the allimportant prom. But no one explained what happens if you fall in love with your class project.

This has got to be one of the most beautifully done trailers I've ever seen. In fact, I think it's probably my new favourite book trailer that I've come across so far. I think the reason I love this so much is because it reminds me of Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas, which happens to be one of my favourite movies of all time!


Raven by Allison van Diepen
Teaser synopsis: Zin dances with fire in every step, speaks with a honey-sweet voice, and sees with eyes that can peer into your soul. It's no wonder Nicole is madly in love with him. Their friendship is the only thing that saves her from the boredom of school and the turmoil of her family life. But she cannot understand why he keeps her at a distance, even though she can feel his soul reaching out for hers.

I've wanted to read this book for the longest time now and when I stumbled upon the trailer, I just thought I have to include it in my list of book trailers for this week. I'm hoping to get a copy this weekend and once I've done reading this one, may even do this as a giveaway.


Give up the Ghost by Megan Crewe
Teaser synopsis: Cass McKenna much prefers ghosts over "breathers". Ghosts are uncomplicated and dependable, and they know the dirt on everybody... and Cass loves dirt. She's on a mission to expose the dirty secrets of the poseurs in her school.

But when the vice president of the student council discovers her secret, Cass's whole scheme hangs in the balance.

Surprisingly enough, I haven't heard of this book until now. Love the trailer and think this sounds like a great read!


Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson
Teaser synopsis: Torn between two destinies?
Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf.

As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger

I can't wait to get this book. I've been trawling the blogs all over and have read so many great reviews for this book. And how gorgeous is the trailer? This one's a definite must-read.

That's it for this week. More to come next week.

0 comments: