Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: The Gathering

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's WoW pick is The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong. I have to admit to not having read any of her books yet, but when I stumbled upon this one while browsing through Goodreads yesterday, I couldn't help but fall in love.

The cover is gorgeous and the book itself sounds awesome.

The book is set to be released in April 2011 so it's quite a long wait.

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
Summary:
Maya lives in a small medical-research town on Vancouver Island. How small? You can’t find it on the map. 

It has less than two-hundred people, and her school has only sixty-eight students—for every grade from kindergarten to twelve.

Now, strange things are happening in this claustrophobic town, and Maya's determined to get to the bottom of them. First, the captain of the swim team drowns mysteriously in the middle of a calm lake. 

A year later, mountain lions start appearing around Maya's home, and they won’t go away. Her best friend, Daniel, starts getting negative vibes from certain people and things. 

It doesn't help that the new bad boy in town, Rafe, has a dangerous secret—and he's interested in one special part of Maya's anatomy: Her paw-print birthmark.

So, what's on your WoW list for today?

15 comments:

lost.in.stories said...

I loved the Darkest Powers series so I just know this is going to be just as good! Excellent pick.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ooh, mysterious...I love stories set on little islands...adds to the creep factor.

Here's mine:

http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/waiting-on-wednesday-20/

Jan von Harz said...

Definitely sound intriguing. Excellent pick

Manda (Manda's Movements) said...

It looks so good!

Anne said...

I like a little mystery. The girl on the cover looks like (pause) (longer pause) Megan Fox! XD

Here's mine: http://enyascloset.blogspot.com/2010/07/waiting-on-wednesday-happy-ever-after.html

Sarah said...

this is a great pick! and you are right, the cover is stunning! :D

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Sounds interesting - or maybe I just want to get to know Rafe. lol! I haven't read anything by the author before either.

Aimee said...

I've heard of this one a couple of times, it looks really good! I didn't like her Women of the Otherworld series, but I'm looking forward to this one. Great pick!

Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading) said...

I haven't read any by this author yet but hear such great things about her. I hope you enjoy it!

forgottenxautumn said...

I haven't read any of her other stuff either, but I stumbled on this through someone else's WoW and I have to say it sounds great.

Stephany said...

Is this part of a series? It looks like her The Summoning series...
And I just have to say this--that cover for Blue Bloods is so awesome! I've never seen it before! :O I hope you're enjoying that book because the series is amazing :)
Here is my WoW: http://read-a-holic-blog.blogspot.com/2010/07/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

GABY said...

Is this from a serie? Sounds good!

My WoW

Joy said...

Sounds pretty suspenseful.. great pick!

Book Sake said...

I like her other books, so I'd like to read this one as well!

Our pick is at BookSake.

Aisle B said...

will look into this one since I just got one of her books. Thanks for the heads up.