Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Timeless

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's choice is a book I've seen on a few blogs before. I fell in love with the cover, but then I read the synopsis and that had me hooked too. The name of the book?

Timeless by Alexandra Monir
Release date: January 2011
Summary:
When her mother is killed in a car accident, Michele Windsor has no choice but to move in with the wealthy grandparents she's never met in New York. Disillusioned by their coldness, Michele retreats into her room, where she discovers her great-great-aunt's journal--and, once she touches its pages, finds herself hurtled back in time.

In the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele learns that a wedding is coming up between the Windsors and another prominent family, the Walkers. But when Michele attends a party, something miraculous happens: while almost no one can see her in this era, one gorgeous young man with sparkling blue eyes can. Drawn together by mutual attraction, the two bond over music and the parents they've recently lost. But when the party is over, Michele learns the truth--the man she just fell for is Phillip Walker. And she, unknowingly, has just inspired him to call off his wedding to her great-great-aunt, prompting a family feud that will last for generations.

As Michele travels back and forth in time, she and Phillip meet over and over, always frustrated by their inability to have more than a few hours together. Michele knows she should try to make a life in the present, but none of the boys at school can hold a candle to Phillip. 

Finally, Michele tries to end their romance altogether--spurring a tragedy that transcends generations. Has Michele destroyed her chances for happiness? Or is her love for Phillip . . . timeless?

That's it from me for this week. What's on your Waiting on Wednesday wish list?

17 comments:

lost.in.stories said...

Wow, this sounds like a really beautiful novel plus it has a "gorgeous young man with sparkling blue eyes", I'm hooked! Great pick.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

I have this on my wishlist too - sounds amazing! I love the cover art too.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds intriguing...and maybe a bit sad...

Here's mine:

http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/07/14/waiting-on-wednesday-18/

Cass said...

I LOVE the cover. This one is already on my wishlist. It's so far away though... :(

This week I am waiting on Crossing the Tracks by Barbara Stuber.

Manga Maniac said...

I love time travel books! Looking forward to this title.

My WOW is here -

Manga Maniac Cafe

teamouse said...

This was on mine last week and I'm really looking forward to it too!

Mine's here if you're interested. :)

GABY said...

This was mine some weeks ago...I love the cover!

My WoW

Jill of The O.W.L. said...

I hadn't heard of this one, and it sounds really good. Thanks for sharing it!

Alayne said...

Great pick, lovely cover. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Aimee said...

This sounds fantastic! I have to add it to my wishlist!


My WoW is here

Pixie said...

Wow, great pick. I've not heard of this one, but I am adding it to my list.


You can read my WoW here.

MyJourneyBack said...

Oh sounds great I would love to review this one. Thanks for sharing.
I joined today here's my post:
http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com/2010/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html
Come on by and check it out and say "hi"

The Readings of a Busy Mom said...

oh i love love love that cover ;o)

Rachel Star said...

Instant Cover Love. And the plot sounds so interesting, really intriguing. Good pick. I now want to read that!

Meg said...

That's definitely a book that grabs you immediately... That one's on my list now, thanks :)

oh and thanks for following... I'm followng back. Love your blog!

Hope said...

I haven't heard of this one but it sounds like a winner! Great cover as well!

http://www.a-little-hope.com

Aisle B said...

Tammy let me know how this one turns out... Interesting premise with time travel and very few can do that justice so will only invest if you say "BUY IT"