Sunday, August 29, 2010

In my mailbox (9)

In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Here are the books I received this week.

Darke Academy 1: Secret Lives by Gabriella Poole
Summary:
The Darke Academy is a school like no other.

An elite establishment that moves to an exotic new city every term, its students are impossibly beautiful, sophisticated and rich.

And the more new scholarship girl Cassie Bell learns about the Academy, the more curious she becomes.

What sinister secrets are guarded by the Few - the select group of students who keep outsiders away? Who is the dark stranger prowling the corridors at night?

And what really happened a year earlier, when the last scholarship girl died in mysterious circumstances?

One thing Cassie will discover is that a little knowledge may be a dangerous thing, but knowing too much can be deadly...

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel
Summary:

Things have changed for Ever since she met her beloved Damen - not least because she's got a whole new set of powers, courtesy of her new Immortal status.

Just as she's getting stronger, though, Damen seems to be weakening.

Panicked at the thought of losing him, Ever finds a path to the in-between world known as Summerland, where she learns the secrets of Damen's tortured past.

But in searching for a cure for him, Ever accidentally discovers a way to twist time so she can save her family from the accident that killed them.

It's all she's ever wanted - but so is Damen. And Ever must choose between them...

City of Glass by Cassandra ClareSummary:
In search of a potion for her dying mother, Clary sneaks into the City of Glass and is immediately caught up in a life-and-death battle.

As the children of the Moon (werewolves), Night (vampires), and Faerie gather for a war that will rend the heavens, Clary calls upon her untrained powers to control an angel who will save or destroy them all.


 







Kisses for Lula by Samantha MackintoshSummary:
Lula Bird is gorgeous, funny and dreading her birthday because you can't turn 16 if you've never been kissed...

So why does every boy in Hambledon run a mile the second she bats her eyelids?
 

The fact is, they fear for their lives. Rumour has it Lula's been jinxed!

And it's not as if that's her only problem:

Lula thinks she has a stalker, her dad keeps sneaking out at night with a lady's handbag, and a mysterious theft is threatening to bring the town to its knees.





That's it from me for this week. What's in your IMM this week?

12 comments:

Misha1989 said...

You've got great books ! Hope you enjoy reading them
Here's what I got In My Mailbox

Dazzling Mage said...

Oooh, I haven't heard of Darke Academy, but it sounds good! Happy reading! =)

asamum said...

Love The Immortal series. Plus you have The MI series. Great book week. Enjoy :D

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

i've just got into cassandra clare - can't wait to get through the series

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Darke Academy sounds like my kinda book. Can't wait to see what you think. I'll also be interested in seeing what you think of Blue Moon. I love the Immortals series, but that's my least favourite of the books (although I know others who love that one!).

brandileigh2003 said...

You have some great reading to look forward to! I'm jealous of Darke academy and I enjoyed Mortal Instruments series very much, hope you do too! Here’s my IMMB

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i got the first two books in the alyson noel series recently, can't wait to try them out! enjoy!

Dwayne said...

I liked Blue Moon, and I've heard City of Glass is awesome - more Clary+Jace! I know you'll enjoy these books - so have fun reading!

Jan von Harz said...

I have not read the Mortals Instruments series yet but hope to get to the first one this week to prepare for an author event with Clare Friday. I also cannot wait to read Clockwork Angel.

Darke Academy look very intriguing and I have not heard of this one before so I am quite interested in seeing how you like it. Enjoy all your reads

April (BooksandWine) said...

Dark Academe sounds really good!

-k said...

Darke Academy sounds good. The red eyes are so creepy on the cover.

Aisle B said...

Another great Loot for you. Really interested by the short blurp on Blue Moon the Immortal. You got City of GLASS! I keep hearing great things on this serie everywhere. Lucky YOU!