Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Intrinsical

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's WoW pick is Intrinsical. This choice was inspired because:
a) We don't have to wait all that long for this release - the book is being released on 20th August, which is next week.
b) The lovely Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) recently interviewed Lani Woodland, author of the book. (You can check the interview out here)
c) Most importantly, the book itself sounds awesome.

Also, the Book Launch Party will be taking place next week at the El Cerrito Library, so for anyone who is nearby there is all welcome to attend. You can check out the details for the launch party on Lani's blog. (Click here)

Anyway, now for a quick book summary from Goodreads:
Intrinsical by Lani Woodland
Sixteen-year-old Yara Silva has always known that ghosts walk alongside the living. Her grandma, like the other females in her family, is a Waker, someone who can see and communicate with ghosts. 

Yara grew up watching her grandmother taunted and scorned for this unusual ability and doesn't want that to be her future.

She has been dreading the day when she too would see ghosts, and is relieved that the usually dominant Waker gene seems to have skipped her, letting her live a normal teenage life.

However, all that changes for Yara on her first day at her elite boarding school when she discovers the gene was only lying dormant. 

She witnesses a dark mist attack Brent, a handsome fellow student, and rushes to his rescue. Her act of heroism draws the mist's attention, and the dark spirit begins stalking her.

Yara finds herself entrenched in a sixty-year-old curse that haunts the school, threatening not only her life, but the lives of her closest friends as well. Yara soon realizes that the past she was trying to put behind her isn't going to go quietly
.

I can't wait for this one to be released. And the cover is also one of my favourite covers this year so far. But that's it from me.

What's on your WoW list this week?

15 comments:

-k said...

Gosh this cover is gorgeous. I'm not too sure if I want to read it, but that could always change.

Darlyn said...

Yes, you are absolutely right!The cover is very beautiful indeed =)

here's mine,

http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/08/www-wo-wednesday-4.html

Jan von Harz said...

Awesome cover and the summary sounds amazing too. Great pick

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Thanks for linking my interview, doll! I'm also excited to read this one, and I love the cover! xo

Manda (Manda's Movements) said...

Ooh I almost chose this one this week too! Sounds great.

Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading) said...

Oooo, I can't read this one! No ghosts for me. :)

Lani Woodland said...

Thanks for picking my book this week. :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

oh my gosh, wow what a gorgeous cover!! love it!

Literary Cravings said...

great pick, will put in my tbr pile. Thanks for posting!!!

GABY said...

I also love this cover!!

Alayne said...

Nice pick! My WOWs are at The Crowded Leaf.

lavenderlines said...

This was my pick last week! Doesn't it sound delish?

Joy said...

Like those paranormal stories. ;) have a great week!

Nina said...

I just adore this cover, looks so beautiful. And I havent read a book in a while all about ghosts. Love that. Gotta read this one.

Aisle B said...

Cover is magical... you always have the newest thing to look out for.. so I have to say THANK YOU since you open up a whole new world of books up each time.