Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Through her eyes

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's can't wait for read is Through Her Eyes by Jennifer Archer.

I suppose I could say that it was cover lust at first sight, but reading the synopsis itself soon had me drooling. Dark, seductive poems? Photography? Mysterious, troubled man who died years ago?

What's not to love?

Unfortunately we're going to have to wait until April 2011 for this one, but I certainly wouldn't mind trying to get hold of an ARC copy in the meantime.

Here's a summary of what this book is about:

Through Her Eyes by Jennifer Archer:
Sixteen-year-old Tansy Piper moves with her grandfather and her mother, a horror writer, to the setting of her mother's next book--a secluded house outside of a tiny, desolate West Texas town. 

Lonely and upset over the move, Tansy escapes into her photography and the dark, seductive poems she finds hidden in the cellar, both of which lure her into the mind and world of a mysterious, troubled young man who died sixty years earlier

What's on your WoW list this week?

17 comments:

TheBookishSnob said...

Sounds like an interesting read. One to definitely look out for.

Come by and see my WOW
http://thebookishsnob.blogspot.com

Cass (Words on Paper) said...

This books looks promising. I hope to get to read an ARC of it, April next year is a LONG wait!

Darlyn said...

Pretty interesting. And the cover is stunning!

Jan von Harz said...

This definitely sounds like a thrilling read. Love the horror story writer mom and the fact that Jennifer is a photographer and the dark hidden poetry written by a mysterious dead guy. It is now on my wish list too.

Lu said...

Beautiful cover!

My WoW

Lu
Have a look at my new Giveaway :)
http://lusbookblog.blogspot.com/

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

This sounds great! I'll be adding it to my wishlist! ;)

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories said...

I like the sound of this book, very mysterious, but April 2011, so far away!

Book Sake said...

This sounds good, another great "eyes" cover too!

Our pick is at BookSake.

GABY said...

Oh no! April 2011 is too far away!! Tammy, you always find amazing books, thanks for sharing! ;)

Alayne said...

Nice pick! Lovely cover. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Kt said...

I love the green eyes on the cover. I hope you enjoy your book!

Here is my Waiting on Wednesday Post

Be sure to check out my 100 Followers Contest Here:
A Book Obsession..

Jo said...

I always look forward to seeing what books people are waiting for --- this one sounds good! :)

And -- I've given you an award: here

celi.a said...

Uh oh...cue the creepy music! This one sounds very interesting (and ominous). Great pick!

If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

Kaye said...

Ooh, this one sure got my attention! Thanks for the heads up. Great pick!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This one looks intriguing!! i'd never heard of it before, thanks for sharing!

Aisle B said...

The synopsis is clearly a winner even if the cover seems to be a Vogue glamour. WOW hope this find itself among your shelves soon.

The Young Book Collector said...

Sounds good