Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Wake Unto Me

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's can't wait for read is Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach.
I fell in love with both the cover and the synopsis. I mean, how could you not when there's a:
1) Haunted castle
2) A charming ghost
3) Mysterious secrets and of course
4) A love story in the mix

Ok, if that doesn't sound convincing enough, then read the synopsis below. The book is being released on the 31 March 2011
Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
Summary (from Goodreads):
A haunted castle, a handsome young man dead for four hundred years, one heck of a scary portrait of a witch, and a treasure hunt - not to mention a princess for a roommate! -- all await 15 year old American girl Caitlyn Monahan when she earns a scholarship to a French boarding school.

There are secrets behind the stone walls of Chateau de la Fortune, buried for centuries along with the mystery of who killed Raphael, the charming ghost who visits Caitlyn at night. 

But as Caitlyn unearths the history of the castle, nothing scares her as badly as the secret she learns about herself, and the reason she was chosen to come to the Fortune School.

And nothing breaks her heart as badly as falling in love with a dead guy.

18 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

I never seem to get tried of the school setting and this one definitely has my interest piqued. Great pick.

GABY said...

This one sounds great!!

June G said...

I like the sound of this! And the girl on the cover really looks 15. Often, the models don't match the description of the character. I really like this one. I've never heard of this book. Thanks.

Lori said...

Weird looking cover...but the blurb looks interesting. I hope that you get your book soon and that it is everything you hope it to be. Here is what I am Waiting on Wednesday for.

Sarah said...

This sounds really awesome! Thanks for sharing it. :)

Nina said...

Yes, this one does looks great and sounds interesting.

Jenny said...

I'm really looking forward to this one as well, I'm a sucker for haunted castles:) I see you're reading Sisters Red at the moment, I really liked that one, I hope you're enjoying it!

TheBookishSnob said...

This sounds like it would be a good read. Adding it to my "check it" list

Happy Wednesday

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ooh, love secrets...and a charming ghost doesn't sound half bad!

Here's mine:

http://curlupandread.wordpress.com/2010/08/18/waiting-on-wednesday-2/

Alayne said...

I enjoy the synopsis, but can't stand the cover. :) My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Dazzling Mage said...

The cover is so sigh-inducing. Love it. Great WoW pick!

Violet said...

Haunted castle love stories are hard to resist! Fun pick!

- Violet @ The Eager Readers

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

this one is definitely on my list too!! awesome pick!

Book Sake said...

Oh, this one does look good, love the cover too!

Our pick is at BookSake.

Trisha said...

I just got this one for review, I can't wait to start it.. I love the cover!

brandileigh2003 said...

You won an award- you can view it here: http://blkosiner.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-won-award.html

Aisle B said...

Want this NOW! What a gorgeous cover! Tammy you always have the newest & latest so I love coming here to see what is out there.

The Young Book Collector said...

owww,ghost story.
I think I might like this one :^)