Saturday, September 25, 2010

Book trailers and musical soundtracks

It's been a while since I've featured any trailers that have caught my eye lately, because I've been so busy lately. I have however, missed doing this, so decided, come hell or high water, I'll be doing a quick post on trailers that have recently caught my eye.

First up is Torment. Oh man, the 28th September seems like a lifetime away. I can't wait for this book.


Book: Torment by Lauren Kate
Teaser synopsis: How many lives do you need to live before you find someone worth dying for? In the aftermath of what happened at Sword & Cross, Luce has been hidden away by her cursed angelic boyfriend, Daniel, in a new school filled with Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans. Daniel promises she will be safe here, protected from those who would kill her....

Next up is The Crescent by Jordan Deen. Haven't heard much about this author, so when I stumbled upon this trailer, I was instantly smitten. Talk about finding a gem.


Book: The Crescent by Jordan Deen
Teaser synopsis: Becoming a werewolf is not an option for seventeen-year-old Lacey Quinn, but death can be a strong motivator.   Lacey is so focused on her future that everyday life has passed her by.

Counting down the days to her eighteenth birthday, Lacey is almost home free. But when she falls for the mysterious Alex Morris, she lands in the middle of an ancient war between two enemy wolf packs.

And then, trailer number 3: Angelfire.

For some reason, I've been ignoring this book. I've seen it on YA 2011 lists, but was never really interested in it. And then I decided to watch the trailer. And now definitely want to read this book. Watch it and you'll see what I mean.


Book: Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Teaser synopsis:When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle.


And then... if books had a musical soundtrack... this is the song I'd choose for Tabitha Suzman's Forbidden...

Because this book is breaking my heart. And because I get the feeling that there will be no happy ending. And because maybe it will get to me pick up the book and read the last few pages even though I'm scared to do so. And because I've never wanted book characters to have their happy ending as much I do with this one.



Because all I sense for Lochan and Maya are tragedy. And it scares me how much I'm scared to read the last few chapters of this book. Anyway, enough rambling from me. Hope you enjoy these trailers.

Will be reviewing City of Bones next. And then, maybe Forbidden. And then, hopefully after this, I'll pick up something light and fluffy - because I've been reading so many emotional reads lately, it would be nice to see a book character get her happy ever after for a change.

Ok, I'll shut up now. I'm rambling. Happy reading everyone!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't wait to read all 3 of these books:) There's so many great books coming out I know I'm going to go broke before I get them all. But at least I'll have them to read, so that's something:)

Melissa said...

I absolutely love these trailers! Thanks so much for posting this :)

Jan von Harz said...

Really love the Angel Fire Book Trailer. Can't wait to read the book.

Aisle B said...

I pre ordered Torment and am biting my nails... So hope it will come in tomorrow. We'll have to compare notes on how we felt... which reminds me TEAM CAM! Sorry Team Daniel but CAM is the one!
Luce just has to wake up and realize this NOW ;)

Great trailers, loved the Torment one most.