Sunday, September 19, 2010

In my mailbox (11)

In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Here are the books I received this week.

Didn't get much in terms of books, but the two books I received (from the lovely Carly from Writing from the Tub and Emma  from Asamum Booktopia) are books that I've been dying to read for the longest time - Thanks ladies!)


The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams (Sent to me by Emma)
Thirteen-year-old Kyra has grown up in an isolated polygamous community without questioning her father’s three wives and her twenty brothers and sisters.

Or at least without questioning them much—if you don’t count her secret visits to the Mobile Library on Wheels to read forbidden books, or her meetings with the boy she hopes to choose for herself instead of having a man chosen for her.

But when the Prophet decrees that Kyra must marry her 60-year-old uncle—who already has six wives—

Kyra must make a desperate choice in the face of violence and her own fears of losing her family.


The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (Sent to me by Carly)
Haven Moore can’t control her visions of a past with a boy called Ethan, and a life in New York that ended in fiery tragedy.

In our present, she designs beautiful dresses for her classmates with her best friend Beau.


Dressmaking keeps her sane, since she lives with her widowed and heartbroken mother in her tyrannical grandmother’s house in Snope City, a tiny town in Tennessee.

Then an impossible group of coincidences conspire to force her to flee to New York, to discover who she is, and who she was.


In New York, Haven meets Iain Morrow and is swept into an epic love affair that feels both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Iain is suspected of murdering a rock star and Haven wonders, could he have murdered her in a past life?

She visits the Ouroboros Society and discovers a murky world of reincarnation that stretches across millennia.
 

Haven must discover the secrets hidden in her past lives, and loves¸ before all is lost and the cycle begins again.

That's it from me for this week? What did you get in your mailbox this week?

14 comments:

Clover said...

Ooh, hope you enjoy them both. I read The Chosen One recently and it was really emotional. And I have The Eternal Ones waiting for me..

TheBookishSnob said...

You got some great books and one's I've been eyeing for a while. Hope you enjoy reading them and happy reading :)

Here's my In My Mailbox

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

awesome books!

asamum said...

You are very welcome. The Eternal Ones is my next read from UK Book Tours.
Enjoy

Aisle B said...

You got The Eternal Ones!Sweet! The Chosen One is new to me and will come back to read what you thought. My loot is up ... I love love love my library :)

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

I LOVED The Eternal Ones! Hope you enjoy it! :)

Katie said...

Great books, the chosen one looks so good :)

Jenny said...

Oh the Eternal Ones, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you think of that one! I have it on my list but haven't gotten there yet. Great books this week:)

Jennifer said...

wow, both books looks great. I have Eternal Ones on my wishlist. Enjoy!

Ashley said...

Wow, the Eternal Ones is definitely on my wishlist. Have a great time reading them!

Stephany said...

I want to read both of these! :) Hope you enjoy them!

LMW said...

Look like some amazing reads! I also liked your masquerade review. Just added book one of that to my list! Thanks for stopping by!
The Delusional Diaries

StephTheBookworm said...

Ooh, I want to read both of those too! Enjoy!

Nina said...

Two great books to get in the mail. Enjoy reading them.