Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Drought

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's WoW pick is Drought by Pam Bachorz

It's again one of those kind of books that I wouldn't normally read (I've been reading a lot of books I wouldn't normally read lately), but the synopsis of the book just really sucked me in. I am very curious about the world within this book and adore the cover.

The book is being published by EgmontUSA and is set for release on the 11th January 2011.
Here's a quick summary from Goodreads
Drought by Pam Bachorz
Ruby Prosser dreams of escaping the Congregation and the early-nineteenth century lifestyle that’s been practiced since the community was first enslaved.

She plots to escape the vicious Darwin West, his cruel Overseers, and the daily struggle to gather the life-prolonging Water that keeps the Congregants alive and gives Darwin his wealth and power.

But if Ruby leaves, the Congregation will die without the secret ingredient that makes the Water special: her blood.
So she stays.

But when Ruby meets Ford, the new Overseer who seems barely older than herself, her desire for freedom is too strong.

He’s sympathetic, irresistible, forbidden—and her only access to the modern world. Escape with Ford would be so simple, but can Ruby risk the terrible price, dooming the only world she’s ever known?

Sounds fabulous, doesn't it?

What's on your WoW list this week?

21 comments:

TheBookishSnob said...

Yeah, I agree that does sound good. It isn't something I would normally read either but definitely has that hook. Great WOW this week :)

Here's my WOW for the week

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories said...

I haven't heard of this one before but it's definitely going on my TBR pile, thanks for the heads up!

Romy :)

StefanieEmmy said...

This REALLY sounds fabulous! Thanks for this great WoW! :D

Tina (Book Couture) said...

Great Waiting on Wednesday! Thanks for telling me - I'll defintiely keep an eye out for the release.

I also had to leave a comment telling you how wonderful your blog is! Your design is pretty, and your content is great!

Please keep it up, I've followed you for more. :D

Best Wishes,
●▬▬▬๑۩Tina @ Book Couture۩๑▬▬▬●

Jan von Harz said...

OK this sounds amazing. The cover is very cool too. Great pick!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds good! Great pick! ;)

jackie b central texas said...

I have taken this one home to add to my every growing wish list, everyone has such great picks today that have not heard of yet!

Tammy hope you get a chance to read Drought!

My WOW

jackie ^_^

Heather said...

Uhm, this one sounds amazing!
All of these books I've never heard of! That's why I love Waiting on Wednesday!!

Check out my pick HERE

Jill said...

This cover is haunting...eye-catching for sure. Nice pick...thanks for participating!

Tara said...

Ooh! This book looks really good! I haven't heard of it before, so thanks for sharing :) The cover is really pretty and the plot looks interesting. Seems like it should be good! I hope you enjoy it :) I'm a new follower

Here's what I got this week :)

Straylights said...

Oh yes, quite fabulous! awesome pick! thanks so much for sharing. I can't see over my tbr pile anymore :-/


Come check out my WoW :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

this sounds very interesting!! i hadn't heard of it before!

brandileigh2003 said...

This one sounds great, thanks for sharing!

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

LMW said...

I just added this one to my TBR list so thanks for sharing! It does look good!
The Delusional Diaries

Julie said...

Super cute site! I've never heard of this book...but you're right on the plot. It has sucked me in too! Love the cover. I'm a big fan of dystopian books. Here's my WoW. I'm a new follower :)

Jenny said...

I just saw this one on someone else's WOW and I'm so glad the two of you highlighted it because it sounds fantastic! I'm definitely adding this one to my list:)

Blueicegal ♥ said...

I just came across you blog and i have become an instant fan, not only is your layout adorable but i really enjoy your reviews, keep it up!

Lu said...

Not sure if I'd like this one, but I'll be sure to read your review when it comes out :)

sablelexi said...

Wow, this one sounds really intersting. I'm going to add it to my list right now.

Check out my WOW here.

Also while you are there, please check out my Halloween Giveaway.

Aisle B said...

Another WoW book.

Thanks for broadening my reading radar :)

GABY said...

I heard about it a few days ago, sounds amazing!