Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween book trailers

So, although we don't really make a big deal out of Halloween here in South Africa, I figured I'd jump on the let's-have-fun-with-all-the-Halloween-themed-posts bandwagon anyway.
I won't be doing all that many posts (too late for that anyway), but I decided to kick off the first of three (or four if I really have time) posts with a Halloween book trailer feature.

I'm choosing them based on how well they fit in with the theme in my mind - so the trailers won't necessarily be trailers that have never been seen before.

Be sure to check back later this week because I will be doing a giveaway of some sexy adult paranormal fiction books (I will also be doing a YA giveaway, but will tell you more later). In the meantime, here are some of the fabulous book trailers (old and new) I stumbled upon throughout this week that I definitely think would make for some great Halloween viewing and reading.


Book: Under My Skin by Judith Graves

I don't even need to give reasons why this makes for the perfect Halloween read. It's got Urban paranormal fantasy written all over it. Watch and you'll see what I mean! Oh, and the music is what sold me on this one too.

Teaser synopsis:
Redgrave had its share of monsters before Eryn moved to town. Mauled pets, missing children. The Delacroix family is taking the blame, but Eryn knows the truth. Something stalks the night. Wade, the police chief's son and Redgrave High's resident hottie, warns her the Delacroix are dangerous. But then so is Eryn--in fact, she's lethal.
But she can't help falling for one of the Delacroix boys, dark, brooding--human Alec. And then her world falls apart.


Book: Ghostgirl: Lovesick by Tonya Hurley

I've featured this one before, but I adore this trailer so much that I thought I'd feature it again. It's so reminiscent of Nightmare before Christmas - which happens to me one of my favourite movies ever. I always have the urge to want to watch that movie after I watch this trailer. It's one of the most beautiful trailers I've seen to date. It's over 2 minutes long, but so worth watching.

Teaser Synopsis:
Before she can rest in peace, Charlotte Usher must return to the tragic site of her death: high school. Once there, her assignment is to help a designated teen solve a personal problem in time for the all important prom.

But no one explained what happens if you fall in love with your class project. Charlotte would die (again) for love but facing the all-too-familiar feeling of invisibility may be too much for her to swallow.


Book: Misguided Angel by Melissa de la Cruz

I can't even begin to tell you just how addicted I am to the Blue Bloods series. I haven't even read The Van Alen Legacy yet, but I'm already excited about Misguided Angel (which, if I'm not mistaken, has just been released). This trailer is short and doesn't say much, which in this case is very, very effective because I think it says so much more than what it would have had there been anything else added.

Teaser Synopsis:
After inheriting the dark Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler fled to Florence with her forbidden love, Jack. Now the two of them must embark on the mission Schuyler was destined to complete: to find and protect the five remaining gates that guard the earth from Lucifer, lord of the Silver Bloods…

Complete summaries can be found on Goodreads.

I'm aware that I could use the more obvious book trailer choices like The Replacement, Nightshade or even trailers like Claire de Lune and Raised by Wolves, but I wanted to go for something that wasn't all that much of an obvious choice (even though Misguided Angel is there). Hope you enjoy them!

And don't forget to check back later this week for that giveaway!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, the trailer for Lovesick is absolutely stunning! Considering the author works in film as well I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I could watch that again and again. And I'm with you on Blue Bloods, I haven't read the Van Alen Legacy yet but I can't wait to get caught up! Thanks for sharing these Tammy, I love watching book trailers!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Love the trailer for Under my skin. I haven't seen any of these before! Cool post! :)

Aisle B said...

These trailers make me think... got to get these books next.... What are you doing to me... arghhh... so much for my budget. I owe you girl ;P