Sunday, October 3, 2010

In my mailbox (12)

In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Here are the books I received this week.

Got some great books this week. One from a publisher, and 4 which I recently bought. Without further ado, here's what I got in my mailbox this week.

From publisher:

Jealousy by Lili St. Crow
(I don't have the second in this series yet, but the publishers have been very kind and have now ordered the second book for me as well. So definitely looking forward to that)

Dru Anderson might finally be safe. She’s at the largest Schola on the continent, and beginning to learn what it means to be svetocha–half vampire, half human, and all deadly.

If she survives her training, she will be able to take her place in the Order, holding back the vampires and protecting the oblivious normal people.

But a web of lies and betrayals is still closing around her, just when she thinks she can relax a little.

Her mentor Christophe is missing, her almost-boyfriend is acting weird, and the bodyguards she’s been assigned seem to know much more than they should. And then there’s the vampire attacks, the strange nightly visits, and the looks everyone keeps giving her. As if she should know something.

Or as if she’s in danger.

Bought the following:

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes.

She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect.

Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it.

But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries?

If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend.

But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go - especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace.

And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings - and if he is, what is he trying to do?

When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

Magic Flutes by Eva Ibbotson
Spring, 1922 Tessa is a beautiful, tiny, dark-eyed princess - who's given up her duties to follow her heart, working for nothing backstage at the Viennese opera.

No one there knows who she really is, or that a fairytale castle is missing its princess, and Tessa is determined to keep it that way.

But secret lives can be complicated.

When a wealthy, handsome Englishman discovers this bewitching urchin backstage,Tessa's two lives collide - and in escaping her inheritance, she finds her destiny...




 

Revelations by Melissa de la Cruz
Have you ever wondered what secrets lurk behind the closed doors of New York City's wealthiest families? They're powerful, they're famous...they're undead.

Schuyler Van Alen's blood legacy has just been called into question--is the young vampire in fact a Blue Blood, or is it the sinister Silver Blood that runs through her veins?

As controversy swirls, Schuyler is left stranded in the Force household, trapped under the same roof as her cunning nemesis, Mimi Force, and her forbidden crush, Jack Force.

When one of the Gates of Hell is breached by Silver Bloods in Rio de Janeiro, however, the Blue Bloods will need Schuyler on their side.

The stakes are high; the battle is bloody; and through it all, Carnavale rages on. And in the end, one vampire's secret identity will be exposed in a revelation that shocks everyone.

That's it from me. I can't wait to start reading these. What's in your IMM this week?

22 comments:

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Perfect Chemistry is great - I think you'll like it. Alex Fuentes is very hot and the romance is sizzling! :) I haven't read any Cassandra Clare books yet - think I may be the only one! Hope you enjoy all your books. xo

Clover said...

Ooh. I love the Strange Angels series. And the Simone Elkeles books. I liked Mortal Instruments, but I think other people gush and rave way more than I do. Hope you enjoy all of these :)

StefanieEmmy said...

My sister read Perfecty Chemistry a few month ago after I gave it to her for her birthday. She said it is great! I definitely plan to read it, too, because I really liked Leaving Paradise (the follow-up Return to Paradise was not so good though).

Magic Flutes sounds good too. And I hope you enjoy reading Cassandra Clare - I loved her Mortal Instruments Series! :)

Sarah said...

Awesome books this week! I LOVED Jealousy and City of Ashes! Perfect Chemistry was good too!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i love eva ibbotson! i haven't heard of magic flutes before, i'll have to look into it!

Jan von Harz said...

Oh all these sound amazing. I really need to read the Blue Bloods series, and the Magic Flute looks like a lovely read. Enjoy!

Dazzling Mage said...

I have Perfect Chemistry on my shelf.. and I am dying to reach it, but have loads of stuff in the middle. Anyway, AMAZING books this week!

Enjoy. =)

April (BooksandWine) said...

Perfect Chemistry! Prepare for swoons full speed ahead!

Happy reading :-)

Julie said...

I have yet to read The Strange Angels series. They look good though. I forgot about getting City of Ashes at the bookstore :( Oh well, another time! The other books sound good. Here's what I got this week: IMM.

Aisle B said...

Tammy Girl that is an awesome Mailbox!

Have to kick it into gear and read Cassandra Clare. Perfect Chemistry seems like a good romance is coming to you and will be back to hear if I should get it too.

My stash is more historical romance ... got more Galen ;)

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

I LOVE Perfect Chemistry! Really hope you enjoy it!

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books

TheBookishSnob said...

I love the book covers you have there :) Hope you have loads of fun reading your treasures this week :)

Here's my mailbox this week

brandileigh2003 said...

You have great reading to look forward to! My IMMB is here Have a great weekend!
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

LMW said...

I haven't read some of these! I will have to check them out! But I LOVED Perfect Chemistry and City of Ashes! Thanks for commenting on my blog too! I love chatting it up with people! :) I would also like to pass The Cherry On Top Award to you if you are interested. If not that's okay too! I hope that you have a great day!
The Delusional Diaries

Splendibird said...

I think that City of Ashes is my favourite MI book (so far). The story is totally gripping from start to finish and genuinely upsetting/moving in parts. Just fantastic!

Claire @ YA Bookie Monster said...

Awesome IMM! I really hope that you enjoy all of your books!

I'm a new follower!

You can check out my IMM here!

Melissa said...

Excellent books this week! I really enjoyed Perfect Chemistry :)

I look forward to reading your reviews!

Lori said...

You had a good mailbox this week. Happy Reading. Check out what was In My Mailbox.

Tara said...

I read the first book of the Blue Bloods series and I really liked it. I should pick up the rest sometime. I hope you're enjoying the Mortal Instruments series! I hope you have a great week of reading!

Here's what I got this week :)

Lu said...

Wow that is one great mailbox! *jealous*
Enjoy!

Jenny said...

Yay City of Ashes! I just adore that series. I've heard good things about Jealousy too, but I haven't gotten to that one yet. Great books this week Tammy!

Aisle B said...

Hi Tammy!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm posting a link to your review for Forbidden on Wednesday. I have the post up as MY NEXT BOOK I've ordered with a special reference to your review of Forbidden. I felt I should let people know how I enjoy your reviews so much so I felt compelled to order this book. So Tammy giving you a shout out about Weds Oct 6. :)