Saturday, October 9, 2010

In my mailbox (13)

In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by the Kristi at The Story Siren.

Here are the books I received this week.
Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson
Torn between two destinies?

Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there.

But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf.

As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger.

Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt.

Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart, she will make a choice that will change her forever?

The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brenna
Mae Crawford's always thought of herself as in control, but in the last few weeks her life has changed.

Her younger brother, Jamie, suddenly has magical powers, and she's even more unsettled when she realizes that Gerald, the new leader of the Obsidian Circle, is trying to persuade Jamie to join the magicians.

Even worse?

Jamie hasn't told Mae a thing about any of it.

Mae turns to brothers Nick and Alan to help her rescue Jamie, but they are in danger from Gerald themselves because he wants to steal Nick's powers. Will Mae be able to find a way to save everyone she cares about from the power-hungry magician's carefully laid trap?

Before I fall by Lauren Oliver
What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all—looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend.

Friday, February 12th should be just another day in her charmed life.

Instead, it’s her last.
 
The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning.

In fact, she re-lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined.

That's it from me for this week. What did you get this week?

11 comments:

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Cool books this week! I still haven't read Before I fall, but I've heard lots of good things. Claire de Lune is on my list too. Happy reading! :)

Misha1989 said...

Awesome books! Have a great time reading!Claire De Lune is on my TBR.
Here's what I got In My Mailbox

Lu said...

You are going to LOVE Before I Fall!
Great Mailbox :)

StefanieEmmy said...

You've got a great mailbox here! :D Claire de Lune and Before I Fall are on my list too.

Btw, as you are currently reading it, I'm really curious what you'll write about The Eternal Ones :D

Greetings from Austria,
Stefanie

Aisle B said...

Claire de Lune looks like something I would want to read. Going to investigate that one too.

From what I've been hearing Before I Fall is a tear jerker ... so get that box of Kleenex OUT!

Have a great read ... psstt I got TORMENT! Reading it now... took a while for it to kick in but am loving it now.

Here's your invite to Aisle B :)
http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1280861880/mailbox-monday-in-my-mailbox

brandileigh2003 said...

Great reading! I enjoyed Before I fall and hope you do too. My IMMB is here My Readathon wrap up is here
Have a great weekend!

Jenny said...

Oh Before I Fall! I really want to read that and her next one Delirium, I can't wait for your review. I really like the sound of Claire de Lune as well:) You got good ones this week!

Aisle B said...

Girl you can stalk me anytime! LOL ;P

Let me know when you get it! Going to get Fearscape next.

Jan von Harz said...

I will be interested in seeing what you think of all three of these books. I enjoyed each one in varying degrees. Happy reading!

Splendibird said...

I loved The Demon's Covenant and found Before I Fall interesting (although not the tour de force that I had been lead to believe). Claire De Lune was a bit underwhelming but certainly readable - can't wait to hear what you think about them all!

Faye said...

awesome books. I love them all!! hope u enjoy them :D