Sunday, October 31, 2010

In my mailbox (15)

In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely Kristi from The Story Siren. Here's what I received this week.
 
Shadow hills by Anastasia Hopcus
His love captivated her... his secrets might kill her.

Since her sister’s mysterious death, Persephone “Phe” Archer has been plagued by a series of disturbing dreams.

Determined to find out what happened to her sister, Phe enrolls at Devenish Prep in Shadow Hills, Massachusetts—the subject of her sister’s final diary entry.

After stepping on campus, Phe immediately realizes that there’s something different about this place—an unexplained epidemic that decimated the town in the 1700s, an ancient and creepy cemetery, and gorgeous boy Zach—and somehow she’s connected to it all.

But the more questions she asks and the deeper she digs, the more entangled Phe becomes in the haunting past of Shadow Hills.
Finding what links her to this town…might cost her her life.

 
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Meghan Chase has never fit in at her small-town high school, and now, on the eve of her 16th birthday, she discovers why.

When her half brother is kidnapped, Meghan is drawn into a fantastical world she never imagined--the world of Faery, where anything you see may try to eat you, and Meghan is the daughter of the summer faery king.

Now she will journey into the depths of Faery to face an unknown enemy . . . and beg the help of a winter prince who might as soon kill her as let her touch his icy heart.
 
The Iron King is the first book in the Iron Fey series.




 
Betrayals by Lilith St. Crow
She’s no angel . . .

Poor Dru Anderson. Her parents are long gone, her best friend is a werewolf, and she’s just learned that the blood flowing through her veins isn’t entirely human. (So what else is new?)

Now Dru is stuck at a secret New England School for other teens like her, and there’s a big problem— she’s the only girl in the place.

A school full of cute boys wouldn’t be so bad, but Dru’s killer instinct says that one of them wants her dead.

And with all eyes on her, discovering a traitor within the Order could mean a lot more than social suicide. . .

Can Dru survive long enough to find out who has betrayed her trust—and maybe even her heart?
Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it.

That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return.

Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

That's it from me for this week. What's in your mailbox this week?

13 comments:

Aisle B said...

Great mailbox and from what I've been hearing The Iron King is a huge success. Yes, I know go in not expecting anything and WHAM O! I have to remember not to set my expectations too high...

Enjoy the reads and hey do they celebrate Halloween in your end of the world??? Curious since it's huge here in Canada.

Happy Halloween girl :) XX OO XX double time ;)

asamum said...

Terrific books this week. Happy reading. Cant wait for Shadow Hills :D

Miss Page-Turner said...

I really want to read " The Iron Kind" and " Raised by wolves". You are so lucky, like your mailbox:)
Here is my mailbox

And don't forget to check out my giveaway... just click here!

StefanieEmmy said...

Shadow Hills is on my wishlist as well as Raised by Wolves - I'm looking forward to your reviews :D

Gabrielle Carolina said...

What a week!

Happy reading!
If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-
http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com
Blessings,
Gabrielle

TheBookishSnob said...

You have some pretty fabulous books there this week. I loved Raised By Wolves so I'm interested to see what you think :)

Sarah said...

ooh Shadow Hills was amazing! Betrayals was wonderful too. I wasn't crazy about the Iron King, but lots of people absolutely loved it! Happy Reading!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

You had a great week, doll! I just love Shadow Hills. I've heard Raised by Wolves is good too! Happy reading!

Splendibird said...

I really enjoyed The Iron King and Raised By Wolves is also pretty good - a little different to your average werewolf story. Can't wait to hear what you think of Shadow Hills - it's on my wish list.

brandileigh2003 said...

Happy halloween and enjoy your books!

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Jan von Harz said...

Some great books this week. I enjoyed Raised by Wolves and the different take on werewolves it presented. Iron King is amazing, and I have Shadow Hills to read but have yet to get to it. Hope you enjoy all your books. Have a great week.

Jenny said...

You got such great books this week! I LOVED Raised By Wolves, one of my favorite YA reads this year, I can't wait to see what you think. I'm starting Shadow Hills soon as well, so I'll be interested to see how our thoughts compare. And of course I love the Iron Fey, though I had some difficulty getting into the first book. I'm hooked now though! Happy reading Tammy!

Lu said...

Wow great mailbox!