Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Wrapped

Ok, ok. I've got some serious review and blog catching up to do, but I've been manically busy, so for now, a WoW post will have to do. (I know it seems as if I've just been doing meme posts lately, but I promise I'll post a heap of reviews later this week)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's choice is  Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury

I seem to be having a thing for Historical fiction lately and this one sounds right up my alley. The fact that Egyptian artifacts are involved makes this an instant winner in my eyes. As a history nerd, if there is even a remote kind of mention relating to any Greek, Egyptian or Roman history, well, I'm pretty much sold.

Add to that a romantic plot, and a dashing hero and a fabulous cover, and you've got yourself a book that you should add to your TBR pile. I can't wait for this one.
Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury
Published by Atheneum
Date of publication: 24 May 2011
This is Agnes Wilkins’ debut season and already she’s attracting the attention of one of England’s most eligible and desirable men: Lord Showalter. He’s been quite forward about his intentions and Agnes finds this at once thrilling and terrifying.

He is handsome and wealthy and has this quirky interest in helping England amass the world’s finest collection of Egyptian artifacts.

It could be a good match—but everything Agnes knows about courtship and high society romance comes from A. Lady novels, and it seems to be a rule that men who are too good to be true are usually hiding something.

But, what Showalter is hiding is not crumbling finances or boorish behavior.

He is deceiving the whole British Empire. He is spy working for Napoleon, his orders smuggled into London in Egyptian artifacts—like the one Agnes pockets while at a mummy unwrapping party at Showalter’s home.

Her innocent interest in this trinket (and childish need to keep it) jump starts a chain of events that bring out dangerous characters, dangerous circumstances, and the biggest danger of all—true love.


That's it from me for this week. What's on your WoW list this week? I'd love to know.

18 comments:

June G said...

Love the cover and description. This is different. Nice choice!

Jan von Harz said...

The summary definitely makes this sound like a thrilling read. I can see why it got your interest. I love the romance aspect and the mystery too. Great pick!

Miss Page-Turner said...

This definitely is different:) Do you know in which era the story is set?What I'm waiting on: http://misspageturnerscityofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

cynthial11 said...

Hadn't heard of this one but it sounds good and I really like the cover. Great pick! =)

TheBookishSnob said...

This sounds like an intriguing read. I'm going to put it on my TBR list. Thanks for a great WOW and happy reading!

Here's my WOW choice for the week

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, this sounds very exciting, and that cover is lovely! Hope you enjoy it.

Here's mine:

http://chasingstardust.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/waiting-on-wednesday-oct-13/

Manga Maniac said...

I'm waiting for this book, too! It looks good, though I don't find the cover very appealing.

My WoW is here Manga Maniac Cafe

Jenny said...

I love this cover! And the premise sounds really great as well, but this cover is what drew me initially:) Can't wait to read, too bad it's so far away:(

Heather said...

Ooooh! This one sounds really exciting!!! I haven't read a good spy novel in quite some time. And I LOVE the cover!

Check my pick out HERE!

Hafsah said...

Hi Tammy :) I'm your 81st follower, and I'd appreciate if you stopped by my blog!

Hafsah @ IceyBooks

Straylights said...

I love that this cover is drawn instead of a picture of a girl. \o/ I'm not really into historical fiction but this one sounds pretty good. And who doesn't love a good ol' fashioned mummy unwrapping?! great pick!


Come check out my WoW :D

Sarah said...

This is on my TBR list too. Mainly.. because of the cover :) It's very eye catching :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This looks AMAZING!! I remember seeing it before, but there was no cover out yet. Thanks so much for reminding me so i can add it to my list!

sablelexi said...

I really love the cover of this book. I actually put it on my Goodreads tbr list yesterday. It sounds really interesting to me.

Check Out what I’m waiting for here.

Jude said...

This sounds interesting and a bit different to the sort of thing I normally read so I shall be checking it out. Thanks for a great choice.

This is what I'm waiting on this week.

Lu said...

This book sounds like something I would love!

Melissa said...

Love the sound of this one! Great pick! :)

Aisle B said...

this one has a great cover! The premise piques my curiosity. Will wait for your review before I jump.

PS Seeing you're reading Torment... how are you liking it so far?? Let me know when you're done!

Posted mine up for Torment... but don't read it until you're finished the book! Don't want to ruin it for you!