Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Tempest Rising

It's been a while since I've done a WoW meme, but I've been so bogged down with work lately, that I barely even had time to write any reviews this week. Boo hoo :(

Anyway, Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's pick is Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs.

I had every intention of featuring another book this morning, but then I stumbled upon this one. How awesome is that cover? And... and... need I really add anything else other than the word mermaids?

I think not.


Here's a brief synopsis of just what the book is about.

Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs

Torn between what is and what should be, sixteen-year old Tempest Maguire, must decide just how far she's willing to go to defy her destiny.


Add in her love/hate relationship with the ocean, her completely inappropriate crush on the new guy on the beach and an ancient underwater feud only she can stop, is it any wonder that these days she can barely stay on her surfboard?

But with the fate of half the Pacific Ocean resting on her head, can Tempest get beyond her feelings of betrayal to fight the battle she was born to win?

I so want to read this, don't you?



What's on your WoW list this week?

18 comments:

June G said...

Beautiful cover. That's a mighty sexy looking sixteen-year-old. Yikes! LOl...but that's the way it is these days. Interesting choice. Never heard of this one. Thanks.

celi.a said...

That description sounds pretty awesome, but I don't really get the cover. I guess it's a mermaid story? Interesting pick!

If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

Straylights said...

I just saw this book cover today too and was thinking of scraping my original book as well lol! I am definitely looking forward to this one!


Check out my WoW

-k said...

This sounds great. I'm going to have to find out when it comes and make a note about it.
Plus, that cover is absolutely gorgeous!

Dazzling Mage said...

It is so, so pretty! As much as I love mermaid stories, I have yet to read the books. Kinda bummed about it. Maybe I should focus on other supernatural stories next year?

Anyway, awesome pick!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

a mermaid?? Eeek!! I have to add this to my list, asap! Thank you for sharing!

Kai @ Amaterasureads said...

That is such a gorgeous cover! This book's in my 2011 to watch out for list! Glad this is your WoW pick, great choice. :)

If you're interested, you can check out my WoW picks here.

Miss Page-Turner said...

Great! Haven't read many mermaid books before, just Arielle:D Looks like this needs to wander on my wishlist:)
My WoW

And don't forget to check out my giveaway!

Jan von Harz said...

Great new title for me. Loving the cover and summary has me wanting to read this asap!

Cynthia said...

Really love the cover and it sounds like a good one. Great pick!

Jenny said...

Ahh! You keep finding books that are new to me, I love it! I'm adding this one immediately:) Thanks Tammy!

Kat said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous cover! This one sounds good-- it reminds me a little of Selkie Girl, a book on my TBR, with the mermaid theme. Great pick!

-- Kat @ A Myriad of Books

Sarah said...

Ooh this sounds great! This is the first I've heard of it

Tara said...

Yes, yes, yes, I do want to read it! I haven't heard of it but it looks great and the cover! THE COVER. Thanks for sharing - I'll be looking out for this one!!

Here's what I'm waiting for this week :)

Jess - A Book Hoarder said...

I agree with everyone else, the cover is amazing. T hadn't heard of this before but I think I may have to start checking out some mermaids.

GABY said...

oh yes, the cover is so beautiful!

Aisle B said...

Interesting cover and another new one for me.

Dana Wright said...

Can't wait to read this one. Love the cover.