Sunday, December 12, 2010

In my mailbox (17)

IMM is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely Kristi from The Story Siren. Been a rather quiet week on my front, but the 2 books I received, were books I've been dying to read for a good while now.

Here's what I got:

Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler
Living in small town Rockabill, Maine, Jane True always knew she didn't quite fit in with so-called normal society.

During her nightly, clandestine swim in the freezing winter ocean, a grisly find leads Jane to startling revelations about her heritage: she is only half-human.


Now, Jane must enter a world filled with supernatural creatures alternatively terrifying, beautiful, and deadly- all of which perfectly describe her new "friend," Ryu, a gorgeous and powerful vampire.

It is a world where nothing can be taken for granted: a dog can heal with a lick; spirits bag your groceries; and whatever you do, never-ever rub the genie's lamp.


Tracking the Tempest by Nicole Peeler
Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and Ryu - Jane's bloodsucking boyfriend - can't let a major holiday go by without getting all gratuitous.

An overwhelming dose of boyfriend interference and a last-minute ticket to Boston later, and Jane's life is thrown off course.


Ryu's well-intentioned plans create mayhem, and Jane winds up embroiled in an investigation involving a spree of gruesome killings.
 

All the evidence points towards another Halfling, much to Jane's surprise...

Why I'm dying to read this:
Selkies, Vampires and all sorts of delicious supernatural creatures.

Also, it's part of a series so it's sure to be a fun and interesting read. That's it from me this week though. What did you get in your IMM this week?

P.S. Sorry for being a little scarce on the blog front lately - blah for last minute work deadlines that's been taking up all of my time before I go on leave. Will be sure to do some serious catching up during the course of this week!

11 comments:

The Slowest Bookworm said...

Ooh, they look good. Ive not heard of this series before.

Jan von Harz said...

Love the covers. These are new titles. I will be looking forward to your reviews.

Chrissie said...

I've got Tempest Rising on my TBR shelf so I'm hoping to get around to reading it soon! Hope you enjoy your books :)

Lori said...

I hope that you enjoy your books. Happy Reading. Wanna check out what I got this week In My Mailbox?

brandileigh2003 said...

I haven't heard of these, but Happy reading!

Julie said...

Oooh! I've been interested in reading those books! I love the covers. Happy reading! Here's my IIMM.

Dazzling Mage said...

The covers are so cute! And the books look interesting too, I can't wait to know what you think of them. Good luck with the deadlines! =)

asamum said...

The covers are lovely. Enjoy :D

Jenny said...

Can't wait to see what you think of these books Tammy, I've heard good things but haven't tried them yet. I like that she's a different type of supernatural creature:)

Blueicegal ♥ said...

the books look so adorable hope you enjoy them!

Aisle B said...

I ditto that. The covers remind me of a cool Japanese comic series very hip and dynamic.