Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Wildefire

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's choice is Wildefire by Karsten Knight. I can't remember how I stumble upon this one, but I do know the moment I saw the words volcano goddess, I was absolutely sold. I've had this one on my list for a while now and am really looking forward to reading this one when it comes out.

It sounds like it's going to be an intriguing read with a good dose of humour injected between the pages of this one!

It's set to be published in 2011, so we'll be waiting for quite some time for this one. In the meantime, here's some more info about the book. 

Wildefire by Karsten Knight
Ashline Wilde never received an instruction manual on how to be a 16-year-old Polynesian volcano goddess. If she had, it might have contained helpful warnings such as:

• Dreaming about your (thankfully) mortal boyfriend may cause your bed to spontaneously combust

• Oven mitts should be worn at all times during heavy make-out sessions

Instead, Ash has to learn these life lessons the hard way as her dormant powers erupt at the most awkward times.

In the wake of a hometown tragedy, Ash transfers to Blackwood Academy, a boarding school nestled in California’s redwoods, where a group of fellow gods-on-earth have mysteriously convened.

As if sophomore year couldn’t get any worse, her storm goddess older sister, the wild and unpredictable Eve, resurfaces to haunt Ashline.

With a war between the gods looming over Blackwood, Ash must master the fire smoldering within her before she clashes with her sister one final time, which leads us to life-lesson #3:

• When warm and cold fronts collide, there’s guaranteed to be a storm.

What's on your WoW list this week? Feel free to share below.

16 comments:

June G said...

This sounds kind of quirky. I like that cover. A fresh pick! Thanks.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I just saw this one for the first time yesterday! it looks so awesome!!

Reading Lassie said...

I've included this one on my list for 2011 debut author challenge. Great pick!

Jan von Harz said...

Spontaneous combustion very interesting and dangerous. Love this one. Great pick!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

I agree, this one sounds like a good read and something a little different! It also hase a great cover! Great pick!

Cynthia said...

Hadn't heard of this one but I'll be adding it to my list, great pick!

Melissa said...

This one is just oozing with awesome! I totally can't wait for it either. Great pick, Tammy! :D

Lori said...

This books looks interesting. I hope when you get your books, it is everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for.

Jenny said...

Great pick Tammy, this one sounds really unique and different, and as much as I love vamps and weres, it will be fun to read a different type of paranormal book!

Alayne said...

Haha sounds fun and intriguing! Love the cover. My pick is at The Crowded Leaf.

Aimee said...

This sounds funny! Great pick. My WoW is at Coffee Table Press

MiaandSofia said...

A great selection! It seems great. Happy reading :)
Check out what im Waiting on Wednesday

Mia @GrippedintoBooks

GABY said...

Great pick ;)

My WoW

Tribute Books Mama said...

The Storm Before Atlanta
By Karen Schwabach
Publication date: December 28, 2010

At a time when most people have grown weary of the war between the states, two young children are desperate to find their way to the battlefields. Jeremy DeGroot wants nothing more than to join a troop as a drummer boy. For Dulcie, a runaway slave, freedom means she must head directly toward the fighting in the hopes that she'll become "contraband," that is, property of the Union troops. Both Jeremy and Dulcie find a place with the 107th New York Volunteer Regiment and even start to forge a friendship. But all that is threatened when they keep crossing paths with the mysterious Charlie, a young Confederate soldier, who may look like the enemy but feels more like a friend.

Julie said...

I'm waiting for this one, too! I LOVE the cover and the story is awesome. Karsten is super funny so I think Wildefire will be a fab read. Here's my WoW.

Aisle B said...

The synopsis made me smile and the cover reminds me of Georgia O Keeffe's art.