Sunday, January 16, 2011

In my mailbox (19)

In my Mailbox

IMM is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely Kristi from The Story Siren.

I’ve had a pretty great book week this week seeing as I received books from some fabulous blog friends as well as books that I were absolutely not expecting to get – love those kind of surprises, don’t you?

Here’s what I received


Fade to Black
by Alex Flinn

Thanks to Emma from Asamum who so kindly sent me her copy of this book. I reckon this one sounds like it’s going to be a tough, but very interesting read considering that it deals with Aids as a subject focus. Haven’t read anything like this before, so I really am looking forward to this one. Thanks Em!

The Body Finder
by Kimberly Derting

Squee! A huge shout out to Michelle from Fluttering Blutterflies who took much pity on my wailing about me probably being the only person who hasn’t read this book yet, and offered to send me a copy!

I am really, really excited about this one, especially considering the fact that Leanna from Daisy Chain books can’t stop melting at the very mere mention of Jay’s name. I’ve just got to meet him.  :) Also, I’ve heard there are some POV’s from the killer – so that intrigues me to no end! Thanks for this copy Michelle!



Eternal: More Love Stories with Bite
edited by P.C. Cast

This is one of those books that I haven’t been expecting. I have the previous anthology of short stories, which is also edited by P.C. Cast, but have yet to read that one. Still, I do love a good vamp story, so I’m definitely looking forward to reading both anthologies.


You Against Me
by Jenny Downham

I’ve heard some great things about her previous novel, Before I die, and have heard a lot of awesome things about You Against Me, so I was really happy when this one arrived yesterday. Also, I really love the cover for this one – it conveys such an intensity about the book, that it really makes me want to sink my teeth into this novel.


Bloody Valentine
– A Blue Bloods novella by Melissa de la Cru
z
I’ve read the first two books in the Blue Bloods series and I can’t tell you just how addicted I am two these books. Completely enthralled with the cover for this one and am hoping to read this sometime early February – as there will be a planned giveaway for this one and the 3 books below. 

Last Sacrifice
– Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Ok, I don’t even have all of the books in this series yet and have set out time to finally start the VA series, but I am glad that I’ve got this one as it means that by the time I’m done with the previous books in the series, I won’t have to wait until I get around to the shops, I can just jump into this one immediately. 

Goddess of the Rose
by P.C. Cast
Believe it or not, I have not read any of the House of Night series yet, so I pretty much don’t know what to expect from this author. Goddess of the Rose (I also received Goddess of Legend below) is, I think, P.C. Cast’s more adult type of fiction, but I have to say that I sound very intrigued with the idea behind them, especially Goddess of the Rose. 


Goddess of Legend
by P.C. Cast
This one also looks really interesting and takes us back into time to King Arthur’s court. I have to admit that I have always been looking for a book that goes back to the days of knights and Camelot, so hopefully this one will be worth the read.

And that’s it from me for this week’s IMM box. What’s in your IMM this week? Feel free to share in the comment box below. 

10 comments:

Dazzling Mage said...

First, let me say that the blog layout is AMAZING! Congrats on the change!

Second, awesome books! I'm also curious about You Against Me. It seems like a nice story. Looking forward to your review. Enjoy!

Chrizette said...

Wow, what an awesome mailbox this week, Tammy. I have a very tiny one :)

Chrizette
In my Mailbox

asamum said...

You are very welcome for the book.
Leanna is right Jay is totally swoon worthy. I hope you enjoy it AWESOME :D
Great book week. Happy reading :D

The Slowest Bookworm said...

I have to agree with Dazzling Mage and say that your blog layout is fabulous! I love the sparlking wings of the fairy and butterfly and the colours are beautiful!

You've had a great mailbox this week. I hope you enjoy your books.

Christina/Book Addict said...

Great mailbox! I love the Vampire Academy series- I hope you get to read all of them! I also see you got The Body Finder- it is such an amazing read! My favorite book of 2010! I hope you enjoy all your books!

Aisle B said...

Hey I love your cover for VA far more than mine! Is this the UK edition?? Mine has the generic girl with the woosh-woosh perfect hair. So unlike what I think Rose would look like.

Nice to see that you snagged a copy of Bloody Valentine. Going to look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Girl this is the perfect week for your mailbox. It is bountiful as it should be.

enjoy the reads.

Jenny said...

Fantastic mailbox this week Tammy! I can't wait to see what you think of The Body Finder, I really enjoyed that one. And of course the VA series is one of my favorites, so even though you don't have all the books, it's always good to have the last book on hand and ready to go!

brandileigh2003 said...

Looks like a great week!
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Lu said...

Great mailbox!

Love the new layout :)

Clover said...

I'm really glad the book finally arrived and I hope you enjoy it! Looks like you got some really wonderful books this week. I'm about to start the Vampire Academy books soonish, and I think I'm going to want all of the books very soon...