Sunday, January 30, 2011

In my mailbox (20)

 IMM is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely Kristi from The Story Siren.

I’ve had another fantastic book week this week  as I not only won a book on the blogs, but also received some lovely books that I was not expecting at all (both of which I'm really looking forward to reading). Finally, I also bought 2 new books  (actually bought four but still waiting on 2 to arrived), which I'm just as trigger-happy excited about.

Here's this week's IMM.
Amber Frost by Suzi Davis
Special thanks to ireadiwrite publishers for sending me a copy of Amber Frost to review. This one is an e-book, which I'll be reading this week.

I'll also be interviewing Suzi Davis, the author of Amber Frost once I've read the book, so be sure to check that out when you have a moment. Sounds like a really interesting paranormal fantasy romance so I'm really looking forward to this one.   

Belladonna by Mary Finn (ARC Copy)
Won this one from Jan at Eating YA Books. I'm sure you must have seen me raving about this one in previous posts before, so I don't need to mention how happy I am to have received this.

Love the name, love the idea of enchanting tales of circus life and of course I love the gorgeous cover that goes with this.  

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
This is one of those books that I haven’t been expecting. I recently attended Pan Macmillan's 2011 Children's book Presentation where we had all the UK  representatives from the various publishers presenting their catalogue of books that we can look forward to for this year (Yup, the lovely folks flew all the way to South Africa to speak at the Pan MacMillan (The South African offices) presentation.
 
We each received a goodie bag filled and Starcrossed was one of the many fabulous surprises that we received. *excited squeal* Starcrossed romance and Greek tragedy all rolled into one?  Yay!

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber

Bought this via the Book Depository. I've heard that her latest book has been getting a lot of flack, but apparently her vampire series is awesome.

Besides, I've wanted to read this one for quite some time now, so I went ahead and bought a bind up of the first three books all in one. 
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
I have wanted this book for ages upon ages now. Edgar Allen Poe? Dark seductive worlds? Gothic boy? Romance? I really don't think I need to tell you how excited I am about finally having this book.

Besides, every review I've seen for this book has been nothing short of glowing, so who am I not to get myself a copy of this book. Planning on reading this before the end of February, so should have a review up sometime in mid-Feb! Can't wait.

And finally, the cherry on top of the ice-cream....

Entangled by Cat Clarke 
Again, another book from my books I'm looking forward t o in 2011 that I've received. This one has also been receiving a lot of raving reviews, so I'm hoping that it really does live up to its hype.

I adore the cover and am very intrigued by Grace - who happens to be the main character that wakes up in a white room with no clue as to how she got there. I instantly want to know the how, what, why's and when of this book, so will also make this one a high priority read.

That's it from me for this week though.  What’s in your IMM this week? Feel free to share in the comment box below.

P.S. Wil be announcing the winner of the So Shelly giveaway by tomorrow, so stay tuned to find out if you're a winner.

18 comments:

Dazzling Mage said...

Ooh, amazing books this week! Heard awesome things about Nevermore, and looking forward to your review of Starcrossed.

Enjoy!

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

Oh, I'm personally not a big fan at all of the Vampire Kisses series. I'd heard great things so I bought the first one and was sorely disappointed. I hope you enjoy them, though! Happy reading!

Check out my mailbox this week

The Slowest Bookworm said...

Ooh lovely! Entangled. I hope you enjoy it. I've not started my copy yet (lots of review books to get through first) but soon I hope!

You have lots of books there that I've never heard of before too :)

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. Nevermore looks really interesting. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

asamum said...

Absolutely fantastic book week. Happy reading.
Your blog is looking so very pretty :D

Splendibird said...

I'm really looking forward to Starcrossed - there was such a big buzz about it when it was announced last year, it'll be interesting to see if it lives up to the hype.
I hope you enjoy Entangled - it's not a happy read, but it's certainly very engrossing!

Aisle B said...

Congrats on the winnings! Amber Frost and Belladonna look amazing.

You got NEVERMORE! Mrs Q got this one too and I can't wait to hear what you think next.

Entangled too! OK stop stop stop. I'm going into kinipshins over your IMM. WOW you got a wonderful haul this week. Lucky little pixie :)

Hugs back at ya and I sent postcard of MTL scenery. PS MY handwriting is atrocious so you've been forewarned! If you need translation just give me a shout afterward ;P

Christina / Book Addict said...

Incredible books this week! I also have Nevermore and have been meaning to read it. I really want to read Entangled and Starcrossed. They sound soo good! Enjoy all of your books!

Sally said...

Oooh Belladonna looks interesting - will have to check that out.
I am reading Nevermore at the moment - good so far.

Here's Mine:
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/01/in-my-mailbox-4.html

Sally.

StefanieEmmy said...

I loved Nevermore - hope you'll like it :)

I really want to read "Starcrossed" too so I'll be waiting for your review ^^

Erika said...

I've been wanting to read Nevermore as well. I've never heard of Starcrossed but the cover is so pretty.

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh Tammy what a fabulous week you had! I'm positively green with envy that you got Starcrossed, I can't wait to read that one! Hope you review it soon so I have something to tide me over:) I loved Nevermore, that was one of my favorite reads last year, I hope you like it as much as I did! Enjoy all those:)

Gabrielle Carolina said...

Happy Reading!

Check out my IMM to find out how to win a signed copy of Lauren Oliver's Delirium and more in my month long Valentine's Event!

http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/01/imm-18.html

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

OMG! You got Starcrossed! So lucky! I'm so excited for that one! Enjoy! :)

YA reader said...

Wow - they look great especially Tangled :)

Have a lovely week of reading!

Clover said...

What an incredible week for books you've had. Nevermore, now there's a book I'm dying to read! Happy reading to you, as always :)

Jan von Harz said...

Awesome books this wek. I am so glad you finally received Belladonna. I look forward to your review!

Bex @ The Night Life Books said...

You have an amazing haul there, have heard brilliant thing about Entangled :)