Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Angel and Dark Heart Rising

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's choices are Dark Angel by Eden Maguire and Dark Heart Rising by Lee Monroe.

I haven't read any of their books yet, and I have the first book in Lee Monroe's series on my TBR list. I adore the covers and love the premise of both novels.


Here are some brief summaries about the books.
 

Dark Angel by Eden Maguire
Tania's heart belongs to Orlando.

Nothing can rip them apart.

Until the seduction begins in a flurry of glamour and magic, music and parties all orchestrated by the mysterious and mesmerising Zoran, an iconic rock star who has retired to a remote ranch in the nearby mountains.


And there Tania meets the dark side. Can she resist temptation?

(I know, I know... it doesn't give much away, but it doesn't it just make you curious?

I must add that the Dark Angel cover kind of reminds me of the cover for The Vespertine, but I love it anyway as the colour of the dress is very striking.
)

Next up is:


Dark Heart Rising by Lee Monroe
I haven't read the first book in this series which is called Dark Heart Forever (and which I really want to by the way), but I'm still looking forward to this one anyway, as it looks like it's a great series.)

Summary:
Jane and Luca's story continues ...but not quite as they had planned.

When challenges and threats from the immortal world of Nissilum rip the young lovers apart, Jane is bereft. Without Luca's dancing green eyes, and gentle smile, Jane feels lost, sad and alone.


But then a trip to Paris with her grandmother thrusts her in the path of the amiable Soren - a kindred spirit who may be just the distraction she needs ...

Meanwhile in Nissilum, Luca struggles with the loyalties and expectations that come with being a part of the immortal world.


A world that is about to be shaken at its very core: rumblings of mounting unrest are spreading, and with rumours of an angel rebellion growing no creature is safe -- especially not a mortal girl who has fallen in love with a wolf boy.

That's it from me this week... What's on your WoW list this week?

19 comments:

the Vintage Bookworm said...

Ooh, great picks! I hadn't heard of either, until now. The covers are gorgeous!

Here is my WoW:
http://vintagebookworm.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

Happy reading!

Straylights said...

Haven't heard of these either! I really like the cover of the second one. It's so beautiful!

Jan von Harz said...

Both of these sound awesome, but I am especially interested in Eden's new book, as I have been gretly enjoying her Beautiful Dead series. Loving both covers too. Great picks!

Majanka Verstraete said...

Two wonderful, 'dark' picks! I love the cover of both of these, and the summaries left me very interested, so now I'm forced to add them to my TBR list! So many excellent novels, so little time! :)

Here's my Waiting on Wednesday.

Dazzling Mage said...

Dark Heart Rising seems interesting. And you're right, the cover of Dark Angel does look a little like Vespertine. Great picks!

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

I haven't heard of these, but I'm definitely adding them to my reading list! Gorgeous covers!

Happy Reading!

MiaandSofia said...

A superb pick! It looks great. Happy Reading :)
Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday

Mia @GrippedintoBooks

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Wonderful picks! I must add Dark Angel to my TBR pronto!

I also want to read the Lee Monroe series. Haven't managed to read the first book yet!

Christina / Book Addict said...

They both sound great. I will have to add them to my TBR list. You are right- the top cover looks exactly like The Vespertine! Great picks!

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

They both sound great! And Dark Angel has the same girl on the cover as The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell..interesting.

Hope you get a chance to stop by Gone with the Words and check out what I'm Waiting On this Wednesday!!

The Book Angel said...

Awesome picks! I've never heard of them till now, so thank you! : )

My Waiting on Wednesday is:
http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

The Book Angel said...

Awesome picks! I've never heard of them till now, so thank you! : )

My Waiting on Wednesday is:
http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

Tribute Books Mama said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

The Slowest Bookworm said...

yes they've used the same stock photo and just changed the colour of the dress. Side by side they are exactly the same. It sounds really good though (Dark Angel I mean).

Jenny said...

So, I definitely want both of these. LOVE! I haven't read the first book in that series either, but it's on my radar now! Thanks for sharing these Tammy, I love finding new obsessions, um, books:)

Beth said...

Great picks and awesome blog template, especially that picture at the top. I'm your newest follower.
bethfred.com

Blueicegal ♥ said...

They both sound wonderful!

abeautifulmadness said...

Two books with amazing cover. Great picks

Aisle B said...

More books to discover... girl where do you find these treasures.