Monday, April 25, 2011

Blog tour: This or that with Janet Gurtler (Author of I'm Not Her)

It's a pleasure to welcome Janet Gurtler, author of the up and coming debut contemporary YA novel, I'm Not Her to my blog today. 

About the book:
“For the first time in my life, I didn’t feel envy…”

Tess is the exact opposite of her beautiful, athletic sister. And that’s okay. Kristina is the sporty one, Tess is the smart one, and they each have their place.

Until Kristina is diagnosed with cancer.

Suddenly Tess is the center of the popular crowd, everyone eager for updates.

There are senior boys flirting with her. Yet the smiles of her picture-perfect family are cracking and her sister could be dying.

Now Tess has to fill a new role: the strong one. Because if she doesn’t hold it together, who will?

In today's tour stop, I've asked Janet to pick out some of her preferences in a this-or-that duel. Check out her responses below.

1.  Facts or fiction?
Fiction all the way baby.

2. Hardback or paperback?

Paperback.

3.  The hot, broody bad boy or the sweet and charming surfer dude?

Bad boy.  Sigh. Do we ever learn? It’s like choosing chocolate layer cake over a nice fruit salad with low fat yogurt.  I know what I should want, but I know what I do want.

4. Beach side resort or lakeside retreat?


 I had a pathological fear of bathing suits when I was younger, which surprisingly disappeared after I was pregnant.  I guess now I’d pick beach side because I’m old and I don’t care what I look like in my bathing suit. And I do like the feeling of sand between my toes.

5. Notepad or laptop?

I love me my Laptop.

6. Beautiful book covers or beautiful book titles?

Hmm. Good question.   I’ve never really thought about it before, but I’d have to go with titles. Hmm. Interesting.

7.  Picnics or fancy restaurants?


Depends what’s in the basket, but assuming I can pick my own picnic food I’ll go with that. I’m not really into paying boatloads of money for fancy food.

8.  Boat trip or road trip?


Oh. Another hard one. I love boats, but I’ll go with road trip. Lots of napping and reading time.

9.  Reading or writing?


Hee. Depends on the day. Most days it’s probably writing.

10.  Sweet or salty?


Sweet. Preferably covered in chocolate.

11. The power to be invisible or the power to travel back in time?


Invisible. I would have some serious fun.  And I might be naughty.

12.  Board games or outdoor games?
Board.  The sports gene skipped me.

13.  Fruit juice or fruit?

Fruit   

14.   Dusk or Dawn?


Dawn

15. Fantasy or reality?

In my head or what I read? I prefer a little of both but if forced to pick I’d have to go with reality.

Thanks so much for stopping by on my blog Janet. I had a lot of fun doing these questions and loved your answers. Hooray for the bad boy! Swoon. And I would so go with invisibility as a power too.

Also, thanks to the team over at the Teen Book Scene for a spot on this tour. I really can't wait to read I'm Not Her. The book is being published around the  1st May, so be sure to be on the look out for it then.

For more information on Janet, you can:
- visit her blog and/or.
-  follow her on twitter

Be sure to check out all the rest of the tour stops, by clicking on the banner below.

10 comments:

The Slowest Bookworm said...

Enjoyed this Q&A :) Great answers, but salty or sweet? Both together is delicious. Break up a KitKat into bitesized pieces and shake it into a pack of plain crisps (chips?) - delicious!

Jan von Harz said...

Loved the shor t Q&A loking forward to reading this one!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

Definitely looking forward to reading this one too! :)

Brandileigh2003 (Blkosiner's Book Blog) said...

Nice. I never learn with the bad boys either.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

It's a Book Thing said...

Great Q&A it was really fresh!!!!

(You still have to explain this blog tour thing... *Blushes at ignorance*)

:) Glad to have you back (Just incase I haven't told you before) :)

Janet Gurtler said...

Hope you enjoy the book. (And p.s. I married a (mostly) good boy so there's hope for us all):)

Blueicegal ♥ said...

You asked some wonderful questions! I found it pretty interesting that she chose beautiful titles. I would have a hard time choosing too. :)

missrantsypants said...

I had fun reading this, I also thought it was funny we picked the same answers!


clarkmurdock.blogspot.com

Miss Page-Turner said...

Noo, this sounds soo sad:( I really enjoyed the Q&A and I'd go for the bad boy,too:D

Aisle B said...

I had a blast reading Janet's answers to your questions "this or that duel". I could actually visualize a duel of sharp wits where you try to come up with an answer as soon as the challenging question comes up. Something along the lines of BEAT THE CLOCK and ANSWER NOW! Great specks into her psyche too.
As I read her answers I was thinking of my own... Totally agree ... BAD BOYS... low fat yogurt is BAD for you ;P