Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Night Circus

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's pick is:

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Publishing date: September 2011
I'd go on and on about the many ways in which I'm looking forward to reading this, but I really think the book just speaks for itself.

Here's some more info about it. 

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it.

It is simply there, when yesterday it was not.

Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des RĂªves, and it is only open at night.


But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors.

Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will.

Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands.


True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead.

Sounds breathtakingly magical doesn't it? I can't wait for this one.


How about you? What's on your WoW list this week?

15 comments:

Sharon said...

You have a beautiful blog!

I am a new follower :)

My WoW is here, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Sue said...

i love your blog chick...

heres my wow

http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Jan von Harz said...

Wow this is a new title and I am quite taken with the summary. Love and a magical fight, what's not to want! Great pick!

Karis Jacobstein said...

Great pick! I'm adding this to my TBR for sure!

Anne said...

This book looks really interesting, I have never seen it before. Thanks for posting about it.

Christina / Book Addict said...

Wow! I've never heard of this one before. Thanks for sharing it; it sounds really unique. I will definitely be checking it out! Great pick!

Sally Sapphire said...

This is a new one for me, but it sounds great.

Here's my WOW for this week.

June G said...

Wow! I love the way the blurb is even written. It's so lyrical. I'm definitely checking this out. Great choice and beautiful blog.

Karen said...

Haven't heard of this one yet! I love books about a crrepy circus! I will be checking this one out for sure!

Sarah said...

Wow, looks really good! Also love your blog, very pretty!

Here's my WoW:
http://imlovingbooks.com/features/waiting-on-wednesday/divergent-veronica-roth.html

It's a Book Thing said...

Hahaha you know I am in! But October! This is just torture, undeniable torture!

Brandileigh2003 (Blkosiner's Book Blog) said...

I haven't heard of this one, but I hope you get it soon.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) said...

This one sounds great! I'll definitely be adding it to my wishlist! Love that cover too!

Aisle B said...

Now that is what I call a COVER!

Perfect after reading the synopsis.

Shelagh said...

Oooooh - this looks especially shiny and I am so in there! Well spotted!

Shelagh
<a href="http://thewordfiend.blogspot.com>The Word Fiend</a>