Sunday, July 31, 2011

In my mailbox (20)

IMM is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely Kristi from The Story Siren. In this meme, we highlight books we received, bought or took out from the library.

Haven't done one in ages, so I've built up quite a backlog of reads that I've recently received. Here are the most recently received (and bought) reads that I'm really looking forward to reading next.




Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

I've heard some incredible things about this book and first fell in love with the book when I stumbled across the trailer. The premise sounds so incredibly different and I love the cover. Can't wait to start reading this one.


 



Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck

This is the second book in the series. Again, looks awesome, has an awesome cover and the world sounds like a world worth diving into. I think I'm pretty sure that I'll be starting these books next.

 



 
Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Have had my eye on this book ever since I first saw it on goodreads. Love the premise and the rave reviews this one has been receiving has only further convinced me that I need to read this ASAP.

 


 
 Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Ah yes, I'm probably one of the last remaining few that hasn't read Nightshade yet, but must admit that I'm kind of glad I waited this long. With Wolfsbane out, it means I don't have to wait for the next instalment in the Nightshade saga.




 

 Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin

Another book that I've been dying to read for quite some time. Bought it not too long ago, but have yet to start reading it.
 
I must confess that I haven't read all that many werewolf books, so this was a major motivating factor when I decided to get myself a copy of this book.

 

I Heart You, You Haunt me

I'm very excited about reading this one. I haven't read a novel in verse form yet (yes, which means I've yet to read all of Ellen Hopkins's books) and have heard some great things about Lisa Schroeder.  

Also, I saw the trailer a couple of years back and fell in love with it (along with the title) back then, but kept on stalling for some or other reason.

Glad I got a copy now though as I took a sneak peak and what I've read so far, well, you can call it instant book love. Definitely looking forward to reading the rest.

What's in your IMM this week. Feel free to share your links below.

16 comments:

jennachristy said...

I just bought Nightshade too! (even if I’ve read it already) anyway, great books you have here. enjoy them:)

my IMM is here: http://coffeebooksandme.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-2.html

hope you could drop by and follow me too:)

StefanieEmmy said...

I just read "Forgotten" - it's great! They don't exaggerate in those reviews ;)

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I hope you love Nightshade. It takes awhile to get into but then it's great. I want to read the Tiger's Curse books.
My IMM

Jenny said...

Wow, awesome books this week Tammy! I've heard nothing but good things about the Tiger books, I'm really looking forward to reading those:) Enjoy!

Jade! said...

Woooow! Great haul!

I loved Tigers Cures, Quest isn't as good but still great! I really want Nightshade as well. Low Red Moon is short but sweet and I want I Heart You, You Haunt Me!

New follower :)

My Mailbox

Aisle B said...

I'm ashamed to say that Nightshade is still waiting on my bookshelf. Maybe now you'll give me the incentive to rip it open :)

Great set of reads and looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Forgotten. Your cover is far better than the NA cover.

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Great books this week!!! :D My IMM is here!

Happy Reading!
~Zakiya LadyWings :D

Chey said...

All great books this week! Thanks for sharing. :D Happy reading!

Kristin said...

Nice mailbox! I loved Tiger's Curse and cannot wait to read Tiger's Quest.
Book Sniffers Anonymous

Lacey said...

Great call on both Tiger's Quest and Tiger's Curse, swoon-worthy Indian Princes who has been cursed, what more does a girl need? Happy Reading!
New follower

-Lacey Peace.Love.Books

Angelica Joy said...

Looking forward to your thoughts on "Forgotten" and "Nightshade".

Shelagh said...

After our twitter discussion about the Tiger's books the other day I couldn't resist getting myself the first one. :) Forgotten really worked for me - I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your take on it.

Happy Reading!

Shelagh
The Word Fiend

Straylights said...

I haven't read Nightshade yet either! YAY! I want to read Forgotten so so so so bad! But the library doesn't have it yet. LOSE! Enjoy your new goodies :D

Clover said...

Oh! I have read and loved ALL of those books. You have such awesome reading material in your future! Happy reading :)

Rachel Brooks said...

I love the covers for Tiger's Quest and Tiger's Curse! I can't wait to read these.

Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

Deirdra Eden-Coppel said...

You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. It’s not a pass on award. This is just for you to keep. I want to award you with the Best Books Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra