Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's choice is Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.

Let me start off by saying that I'm so incredibly jealous of everyone who has early reading copies of this book.  I've heard some pretty awesome things about this book and about Laini's gorgeous writing, and definitely want to read this.

The premise sounds fantastic, the description was enough to reel me in completely and I'm loving the cover as well.

Here's a brief description from Goodreads: 

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.
And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherworldly war.

Meet Karou.

She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages—not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color.

Who is she?
 
That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.

When one of the strangers—beautiful, haunted Akiva—fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?

That's it from me for this week. What's on your WoW list this week? Feel free to share below.

13 comments:

Brodie said...

I am so ridiculously excited to read this!! I've heard nothing but amazing things about it so far and I've read a few quotes listed on goodreads already... Holy crap, the writing sounds absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I WANT!

My WoW

Sharon said...

A great pick & a beautiful cover!

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice week :)

Jan von Harz said...

I am very excited about this one too. I love a goo mystery and this one sounds dark and creepy too. Great pick!

We Fancy Books said...

Great pick! I love the cover :)

I'm a new follower!

here's my WoW post:
Era Penera @ We Fancy Books

Darkfallen said...

This book sounds so amazing..we ahave been waiting for this one too!

Also I have to say I love your header....her wings....THEY GLITTER!!! *DANCES IN A CIRCLE* lolz

Come see what has us on pins and needles Here! And while your there enter for your chance to win a signed copy of Always A Witch HERE!!

Grace Fonseca said...

Love your header. Interesting selection. It happens that I have an ARC of this book. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

Karen said...

I picked this one too! So excited!

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

I can't decide if I want to read this or not. Everyone's raving about it, but I don't like the cover and something about the synopsis doesn't grab me! I guess time will tell! :D

Check out my WOW this week!

Sally Sapphire said...

I'm curious about this - the little details are so perfectly alluring, but the story seems thin . . . I think I'll still give it a read, though.

I missed last week (I've been on vacation), so I went with a Double WOW this week.

Tribute Books Mama said...

Sounds intriguing, great cover.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday_27.html

BookJunkie said...

This is the third time I've come across this one today. I'm getting really excited about it. I can't get over that cover. Great pick! See what I'm waiting on over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
Courtney
*new follower

Sally said...

Great pick. Looking forward to this one too!
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-29.html

Aisle B said...

Oh no... another book to watch out for. Why do you do this to me??? Hope you will get this one soon. Fingers and toes crossed for you :)