Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Ocean worlds

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. The idea behind this meme is to highlight up and coming releases that we just can't wait to read.

This week's I've decided to go with a sea theme. 

I've been looking for some reads that feature any read with a ocean setting and have stumbled upon Wrecked and Of Poseidon, both of which I think will make for some fabulous reading.

First up is:

Wrecked by Anna Davies
Expected publication date: May 1st 2012 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Summary from Goodreads:
Miranda has lived on Whym Island since the death of her parents.

She has taken comfort in its seclusion and in the folklore that claims a mysterious sea witch controls the fate of all on the island and its surrounding waters.

It's just been easier to believe that things are out of her control.

But when a terrible boating accident takes the lives of several of her friends, Miranda is rescued by a mysterious boy that haunts her dreams.

As the guilt of the accident consumes her, she finds refuge in her late night swims.

Then, she meets Christian, a boy who seems so familiar, but won't tell her where he is from and why they can only meet at the beach.

As Miranda falls for Christian and begins to put the accident behind her, she discovers that there are secrets that Christian is keeping to protect her that may only end up bringing her nothing but harm.

Admittedly not a huge fan of this cover, but how awesome does Wrecked sound? I can't wait for this one.

Up next is: 
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Expected publication:
May 22nd 2012 by Feiwel & Friends
Summary from Goodreads
:
Emma and her friend Chloe are spending vacation in Florida. When Emma (literally) runs into a hot guy named Galen on the beach, little does she know he’s a prince of the Syrena.

Galen and Emma both feel something strange – is it attraction? – and Galen suspects that Emma might well be the girl he’s heard of – a human who can communicate with fish.

What follows is a deadly scene with a shark in which Galen witnesses Emma’s gifts.

He must know more about her, and follows her back to New Jersey, and high school, to find out for sure if she’s the key to saving his kingdom.

Soon, Emma can’t deny her feelings for him, but can’t explain them, either – and both she and Galen must learn more about where she comes from and what her powers are before they can trust one another and their feelings.

I'm very curious about this one and would certainly be interested to see what gifts Emma, the protagonist of the novel has.

That's it from me for this week. What's on your WoW list this week? Feel free to share below.

15 comments:

LindsayWrites said...

great watery covers! :)

here's my post! stop by and let me know what you think of all my choices? :)


http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-lots-of-ya-books.html

Chrizette said...

I agree, Tammy - Wrecked has a gorgeous cover! It is going on my wishlist too :)

Jan von Harz said...

These are both on my wish list. Great pick!

chelleyreads said...

both sounds awesome and i'm adding them to my wishlist. great picks!!

check out our WoW post this week. :)

-Michelle

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

These do sound intriguing...great covers, too!

Here's MY WOW POST and
MY WEBSITE

Jenna (JL @ An Avid Reader's Musings) said...

Great picks! These both look really interesting.
My WoW is BETWEEN THE SEA AND SKY.

The1stdaughter said...

Love these picks and the whole "sea theme"! I'm definitely adding them both to my Goodreads shelf, thanks!

My WoW involves an author and a new YA coming out in October, take a look here. And thanks!

Sash and Em said...

two great choices!

new follower!

Here's our WoW

Emma said...

Wrecked sounds great. Not seen it around, good choice!!

Check out my WOW here.

Emma @ LostinaYAbook

Goldilox said...

Hmm I wonder what Emma's gifts are also. Should be interesting.

Here's my WOW: http://goldiloxandthethreeweres.blogspot.com/

Giveaway going on too!
Goldilox (new follower!)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i want to read both of these, esp the second one!

Jenny said...

Could you have picked books with more gorgeous covers?! I can't wait to read both of these, they sound amazing and I need to have those beautiful books on my shelves!

Aisle B said...

loved the Poseidon cover! The flow of girl as she lifts herself upwards - perfect.

steve said...

I loved Unearthly, one of the best angel stories I've read. I can't wait for this one either :
Register Domain

gohost said...

I inspire this topic. It's excellent job. Each and every points are awesome meaning. It's great effort.website hosting


web hosting